Chapter 37

When Soojoo had arrived, she was immediately engulfed with a solemn atmosphere.

Looking around, she sees everyone in an exhausted and worried state. Walking towards Suho, she nudges his arm, startling him.

Suho: Jooya, what are you doing here?

Soojoo: Chaeyoung called me.

The older shoots her an apologized look.

Suho: Sorry, with everything going on, I forgot to contact you.

Soojoo shakes her head, refusing to blame her older cousin.

Soojoo: It's fine oppa, I understand.... How is she?

Suho glances at his watch before releasing a tired sigh.

Suho: She's been in there for 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Soojoo closes her eyes for a bit before glancing at Chaeyoung's huddled form on one of the waiting chairs.

Soojoo: Jisoo is going to be okay... right?

Suho: I... I don't Jooya. I actually don't know.

Soojoo gives a resigned nod before making her way over towards where Chaeyoung sat.

Soojoo: Chaeyoung-ah...

The younger girl glances up before letting out a surprised gasp.

Chaeyoung: Unnie, you're here!

At the sound of Chaeyoung's voice, Lisa and Jennie looks up from their huddled positions. Jennie's face scrunches up in confusion at the sight of Soojoo's presence.

Soojoo knelt down in front of Chaeyoung and places her hand on the younger's shoulder.

Soojoo: How did this happen Chaeng-ah? Why was Jisoo chasing after Jennie? What happened with the car?

Chaeyoung shook her head.

Chaeyoung: Lisa said that Jennie saw pictures of Jisoo unnie with some girl in a hotel yesterday and accused her of cheating. As Jisoo unnie was chasing after her, they both got hit by the car.

Soojoo turns around towards Jennie's direction to see the latter staring at her. She turns back and gives Chaeyoung's shoulder a comforting squeeze before deciding to walk over to Jennie.

Soojoo: Jennie-shi, everything is not the way that you think it is.

Jennie: ...You don't have to say anything Soojoo-shi... what's done is done...

Soojoo hesitated for a bit before deciding to to speak.

Soojoo: It's true that Jisoo and I were both at the hotel yesterday. But it really wasn't what those pictures portrayed it to be.

Jennie shook her head regretfully.

Jennie: She... she tried to explain it to me... but I didn't even bother listening to her.

Soojoo: What you need to know, is that Jisoo and I both received a text from each other, telling us to meet at the hotel. But when we got there, we realized that there was a mistake. And when we tried to leave, the lock on the door malfunctioned...

Jennie begins to break down as she covers her face with her hands. Lisa moves forward to comfort her best friend, but was ignored by the older girl.

Jennie: I don't deserve your sympathy Lisa. I don't deserve anything or anybody...

Soojoo gazes bewilderedly at  the younger girl, unsure if she had said something that had offended her.

Soojoo: Are you okay Jennie?