Chapter 15: Jane Foster

Chapter 15

Athena's POV

"Coulson!"

He was the first person I saw when the plane had finally landed.

"Athena! Good to see you!" Coulson hugged me, "Ready to get started?"

"What exactly do I have to do? What's this all about 'unusual sky disturbances?'" I asked still confused about the subject. Nick didn't tell me anything else other then what he told me and my dad back home.

"For now we are gonna get Ms. Fosters equipment and research to see what we can find" Coulson lead me to one of the cars.

The driver started the car and headed to our destination while passing all of the dessert highways, I was excited to see what this Jane Foster had in her research. If someone from another world was here, I could have endless questions as to why the reason of me being here. I know nothing about myself, my history is all blank.

When my dad said he would be calling every ten minutes, he surely wasn't kidding. My phone started ringing again and I grabbed it out of my bag, "Hey dad!"

"You told me you would call as son as you landed, hmm! Why is that?"

I laughed, "Dad you're becoming paranoid, stop! Yes I just landed I was talking here with Coulson, we're on our way to get Jane Foster's research"

"Ah huh... I'll keep in touch, just stay safe ok. Do you still have the necklace I gave you?"

I looked down to see the triangle circular necklace he had given me just before I left. The triangle shape was within the circle, if I didn't know any better, it was a tracking device on me. He was smart, but I know he's just looking out for me, I have no problem with that. If anything I feel that he cares, he's my dad after all.

"Yeah dad I have it on!" I didn't tell him I knew what he was up to, I just let it be.

"Ok, stay safe, I love you kid ok" he said, it sounded too caring for him. No one usually think 'Tony Stark' cares about anyone, not even me sometimes according to the media, but they are all wrong. Imagine when I actually do move out of the house and get my own place. No scratch that, he would build me my own home with a Jarvis. I know this for a fact.

"I love you too dad, now from now on don't expect me to answer each phone call, I'll be busy" I told him.

"Ok ok fine, every night before you go to bed and when you wake up, keep me updated"

"Yes protective father!" I mocked.

He laughed sarcastically but then got serious, "No really"

"Ok dad, look I'm about to arrive at the place I'll call you later ok I love you bye!" I said quickly and hung up. I looked over to Coulson who gave me a sympathetic smile, "He really cares for you that's all" he smiled.

I shrugged and smiled, "I know he does, that's why I love him!" I took a look at my surroundings and noticed we weren't in the dessert anymore, but in a small town.

"We're here" Coulson said getting out and holding the door open for me. Already a bunch of Shield people and cars were here getting all the Ms. Foster's research in the cars.

"Wait, does she even know we are taking her stuff?" I asked as I watched everyone trying to hurry. I looked at Coulson and he didn't have any words to tell me. "You should've told me we were going to STEAL her stuff!"

"More like burrowing--"

"What the hell is going on here?!"

Coulson and I turn around to see two girls and a man walking in. I'm assuming it's Jane Foster.

"Oh my god! It's Athena Stark!" The girl with glasses started fangirling, I just smiled.

"Darcy, not now" the man told her.

"Ms. Foster, I'm Agent Coulson, with Shield" Coulson explains.

"I don't care who you work for, you can't do this!" Jane began to complain, I was starting to feel bad, technically we are stealing her things.

"Jane" the man got her attention, "This is more serious than you realize. Let it go."

"Let it go?!" She stated "This is my life!"

Imagine if my dad was stripped off his Iron Man suits at the hearing we had just a couple of weeks ago, this is like Ms. Foster loosing the hearing, only my dad won and well she isn't at the moment.

"We're here investigating a security threat. We need to appropriate your equipment and all your atmospheric data" Coulson said walking outside towards the vans and we all followed.

"By "appropriate" you mean "steal?"" Jane exclaimed.

Instead of answering, Coulson gives her a check, "This should more than compensate you for your trouble"

She throws the check to the ground without looking at it, "I can't just pick up replacements from RadioShack! I made most of that equipment myself!"

"Then I'm sure you can do it again" Coulson said, and I was feeling downright awful. I never expected for this to happen, and Coulson, no Nick needs to give me an explanation as soon as we get out of here, I hate secrets, he didn't tell me were going to practically steal her work and inventions, if this were dad, ooh let's not even go there.

"And I'm sure I can sue you for violating my constitutional rights!" She snapped.

"We're the good guys, Ms. Foster" I told her and she finally looked at me because I spoke up. She calmed down a little.

Coulson tries to walk away with me in hand, but Jane blocks his path. She is fully herself, fueled by outrage.

"So are we! We're on the verge of UNDERSTANDING SOMETHING extraordinary" she says eagerly and holds up her notebook, "Everything I know about this phenomenon is in this lab and in this book, and no one has the right to take it from me"

Coulson gestures to a nearby agent, who promptly plucks the notebook out of Jane's hands and adds it to the pile he's carrying. Jane is stunned and tried to get it back, but the agent pulls her back.

"Thank you for your cooperation, we need to go Miss Stark" Coulson says and I nod, I turn back to Jane and give her a heartily look, "Once this is over, I'll work out a way to give everything back--" I said but Coulson interrupts me, "Miss Stark!" He gets into a car and I follow, The cars and trucks pull away and leave with all the research. I looked out the back to see Jane, the man, and Darcy staring in shock at the now- empty space.

I turn back and look down, I can't believe that just happened. I could never imagine that happening to me. I'm sure Ms. Foster thinks so too, but considering who I am and who's my dad, she probably thinks never. I can practically already read her mind,

"Get my stuff back? She's the daughter of the hottest billionaire in the world, she doesn't know how it feels"

No I don't read minds, I'm just assuming, but I felt horrible, I hope I really do get her stuff back after all of this is over.

"I want to talk to Fury" I said to Coulson, "He has lots of explaining to do!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi everyone! ❤ I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I have a surprise for everyone in the next one, which I should be able to publish before Friday for sure! Let me know what you think! And thank you so much for your feedback! ❤