good news leads to sad times

ADRIEN'S POV

I walk down the stairs like every day, ready for school, and my father stands by the door, staring at his Ipad, only merely glancing up to see.

'Bad news Adrien,' he says, 'the limosine has broken down, so your going to have to walk to school,'

'Oh,' i contain my glee, 'never mind,'

'i would have preferred if you stayed home today, however your education is my main priority of you,'

'Okay,' i say as he leads me out and i wave goodbye. He shows a hint of a smile before he shuts the door.

well, it's better than nothing, right?

The gorilla walks infront of me, taking on his job as my bodyguard. 

'hi,' i say, and he just looks at me.

rejected.

I brace myself as we turn to walk on the main road, only to see a crowd of people further down the street.For the first time, nobody is calling my name or snapping pictures.

i'm not complaining. 

'Whats going on?' i ask, and the gorilla just shrugs.

He ploughs through the crowds, and i follow behind, only to see a familiar face trying to push past and enter the school gates. 

Marinette.

she sees me and calls my name, and all of the attention is on me. Luckily, the gorilla does his job, pushing through the crowds, clearing space for marinette and i to run to the school gates.

'Thanks!' I call out to the gorilla, who grunts in return. 

I turn back to marinette, who leans against the door of the school as we walk in. Her eyes are closed and she sighs loudly. 

'are you okay?' 

She opens her eyes quickly.

'yeah, I'm perfectly fine, i—uhh, yeah,'

I raise my eyebrows, remembering what happened last night when I visited at Chat Noir.

'it's a bit hectic, huh?' I say, standing besides her.

She bows her head, the dark French braids tightly fixed into place. I lifted her head up, only to find tears falling down her cheeks. I wrap my arms round her carefully, and a little awkwardly too. I mean, i don't really know how to calm a crying girl.

I pull her closely. I didn't realise how small Marinette is. She is on her tip-toes and just about manages to reach a little higher than my shoulder.

'don't cry, mari,' I lift her head onto my shoulder, and feel my shirt get a little damp, but keep on whispering about how its going to be ok.

The bell has long gone, and I don't even care that we're late. I notice Alya turn round the corner, and she sees me hugging marinette, her eyes widen. I signal her to go back to class and she nods, creeping away.

Marinette looks up at me and dries her eyes quickly, 'I'm sorry, I've messed your clothes,'

'its fine, I mean, it does get crazy, no doubt about that, but at least now I have someone that really understands me you know?'

'yeah,' those sapphire eyes blink, and there's a moment of silence until she says 'we should get to class,'

I keep my arm around her as we walk round the corner and up the stairs. I think about what I just said. This is a great way for me to get closer to marinette, now that we can relate more easily. I hesitate as we reach the classroom, and marinette nods at me as we walk in and all heads turn. Alya is stood by miss bustiers desk, and i smile and mouth thanks to her as we walk to our places. I sit besides Nino, and the lesson begins as usual.

I can see Alya and Marinette passing notes, and Nino flips one over to me.

What happened?

I scribble back.

She got upset.

MARINETTE'S POV

I feel so stupid for crying in front of Adrien. He probably thinks i'm a giant wimp now. The day drags on and as soon as school finishes, i yell bye to Alya and run home, trying to avoid any cameramen and, well just people altogether. The bakery is closed because my parents had left for a charity event that lasted the whole day, so i went upstairs and changed out of my jeans and shirt into an oversized chat-noir hoodie with leggings. There are little ears on the hood, making it my favourite comfortable clothes i have.

What can i say, huh? Nothing beats such a good combo.

I flop on my bed and look at tikki, who is asleep. I have a ton of homework but i can't torture myself to do it. I mean, trigonometry and pythagoras are definitely not worth it.

I can't help but sigh and stare at my ceiling. There are little glow in the dark stars scattered on it from when i was younger and afraid to sleep in the dark, only we never did get round to taking them off so they've just stayed there. Daylight poured through my room, so it didn't have the same comforting effect.

If only i could rewind to when i was smaller, when there was no homework or school or boys to worry about. The only thing i'd be worrying about is if it rained, or if there wasnt any spare chocolate chips. I wouldn't have any responsibilities to take care of compared to all the ones i have now, saving paris a few times a week included.

Then i remembered i had to work on some beanbags for Chat Noir, so i took out some black faux fur and matching faux leather. I played some music to fill the silence and try to not feel lonely as i lightly drew pencil markings on each material, before cutting. Chat had got me the materials not even half an hour after his first visit, and they seemed really expensive and of the highest quality, so heaven forbid if i wasn't careful, i wouldn't know how i would get some more.

After a few hours, just as my parents arrived, i had managed to sew the casing for one beanbag, with the rich glossy faux fur layered on the leather in a way where the fur would be where the person would sit, if my calculations are right. I remember how much chat offered to pay, and feel a pang of guilt. He doesn't know that i will be getting money only to be sitting in one of the very same beanbags as ladybug. A wrapping on my window disturbs my deep thoughts. 

damn. 

talk of the devil.

I sigh and get up to open the window, only for chat noir to leap into my room, do a back handspring and land perfectly on his feet. I can't help but roll my eyes. 

One thing's for sure, whether i'm ladybug or not, he is always going to be so extra.

ADRIEN'S POV

'Hey marinette!' i say, trying not to stare at the effortlessly stunning girl sat behind a sewing machine. 

'Hey,' she says, without looking up, tongue peeping out slightly.

She looks so cute.

NOPE, NOPE, I AM LOYAL TO LADYBUG, NO NO NO.

who am i kidding? What am i gonna do?

as i keep looking at the concentrated girl, i realise that i think i've twisted myself up into a loop. But what can i say, huh? 

I guess that's what happens if you happen to be Adrien Agreste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its a short-ish chapter guys.

bug out!