Chapter Eight [Dad & Jade]

A L I J A H

"Black can't be your favorite color it's already mine" Jade whines and I rolled my eyes. He hasn't earned the title of becoming my father and I'd never disrespect the man who raised me by calling him that in front of him.

After he explained everything to me I cried lightly into his chest and ended up falling asleep like that. When I woke up he was still there and I felt safe and had the weirdest feeling like I remembered him from when I was younger and he told me it's probably because when I was a baby he'd always put me on his chest at night and I rarely slept in my crib.

"You not gonna talk to your moms?" He asked and I shook my head no. Yeah I know I have to talk to her eventually but after everything was explained to me I'm just annoyed at the fact that she did what she did even though I wouldn't change it.

"What was your reaction when you couldn't find me?" I asked him and he thought about it before answering.

"Me and your moms almost broke up for good because of it. Not only was she pregnant but you were gone and I wanted her to get an abortion. I know it's wrong but I was so frustrated so we ended up breaking off our engagement for awhile" he told me and I nodded.

I glanced over at my dad as he leaned back in his seat staring off into outer space. Jade smirked to himself and nodded towards him signaling me to go over and I did and took a seat in his lap.

"You don't have to act like that daddy, I'm still upset but I understand and no matter what your my dad and nobody can take that away from us, I just happen to be unique and have two dads that aren't gay" I joke and he chuckled.

"I'm about to get coffee, you went something to eat?" He asked and I shook my head no. He made me stand before leaving out and I climbed back in bed with Jade.

He just stared at me and I stared back at him wondering what he was thinking. I knew I got most of the faces I make from him because and I thought that was ironic. He furrowed his eyebrows together and I copied him and did the same.

"Give me a hug" he said simply before he pulled me into him and wrapped his arms tightly around me and kissing my forehead.

"Am I interrupting a moment?" Someone asked and I turned around and saw the man from the fair and the night before and squinted my eyes at him.

"He's the one who beat up the machine for me when my money got stuck and I got three bags of chips instead of one!" I said growing excited and he laughed as he leaned in the doorway.

"That's my brother Ohaji which makes him your uncle or whatever you want him to be" Jade told me and I looked the man over and smiled at how handsome he was but felt gross once I remembered the inappropriate thought I had of him at the fair.

"How old are you both? You look like your young but old at the same time" I tell them and Jade started chuckling.

Before they could respond Ivory walked in looking happy and I squinted my eyes at her. Jade pulled me into him about to whisper in my ear.

"She pregnant and that's still your moms so step out of the room if you can't handle it" He told me sternly and I glanced at him.

"Yeah whatever I don't even wanna be in here anymore" I rolled my eyes and heard him smack his teeth.

"C'mon uncle Ohaji we have lots to talk about!" I tell him grabbing his arm and pulling him out causing him to laugh.

"Yo I told y'all I was gone like this one" he said to them before we fully left out of the room. He seemed like he'd be cool.

I dragged him to the vending machines and then stopped and looked at him and he looked at me with a small grin. I returned it and he pulled me into a tight hug.