Chapter 8

“What’s taking her so long?” Selene complained. She stared at the street, no sign of Gia. She let out a frustrated sigh.

I didn’t tell her where I was, the thought came in a flash. She shook her head, “No, the town is not that big, she’ll find me” She watched as a black Infiniti G35 parked in front of the vintage clothing store. Her heart stopped, and she immediately stood up as Nicolai came out of the car.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Are you alright?” he asked quickly coming up to her. There was worry, and a glint of anger, in his eyes.

“Y-yeah” she answered “why are you here? And where is …”

Before she could finish what she was about to say, he pulled her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his head in the hollow of her neck, sparks rushing all over her. He held on tight to her as if they would no longer see each other.

“Hey, I’m fine, really” she brought up her arms and gently patted his back.

“I don’t know what I would do without you” he told her truthfully.

“Uh, listen” she said placing her hands on his arms, and backing away from the embrace. She cleared her throat “why don’t you take me home?”

He nodded “Yeah” he let out a long sigh “Come on” he said grabbing her hand, and sending all those previous sparks on motion again. He led her to his car.

* * * * * *

Nicolai did not say anything all the way to Selene’s house. He was still tense. The moment that he heard that Selene was missing his wolf took over. He turned his head to look at her. She was beautiful. Her caramel skin shone like a goddesses as the sun rays reflected upon her. She was asleep, she looked so peaceful.

Nicolai parked his car next to her truck and turned off the engine. He dropped back on his seat and simply stared at her. Without thinking twice he leaned over and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. She moaned, as she slowly opened her eyes.

“We’re here” he whispered, a sweet smile across his face. Her eyes widened, and she pushed him back on his seat. Then abruptly jumped out of the car.

“Selene” he called after her, but she was running to her house. “Wait please” he begged.

She stopped before opening the door, then turn to face him. She was gazing at the ground.

“I’m sorry” he apologized “please forgive, I-I know that I shouldn’t have taken advantage of the situation, but…” he leisurely walked closer to her, she did not move.

“Please, please forgive me” he begged again.

She looked up at him, no emotions shown on her face. “You better leave”

Without giving him a chance to speak she turned and opened the door only to be shocked at the sight in front of her.