Vermilion by @RubySlippers

Rubyyyyyyyy!!! Our girl from Melbourne Australia, people! I got to know Ruby from @peanutboyfriend first, I think. She always commented so warmly and I am a huge fan of supportive, positive people so I followed her and read her books. She is very popular but yet very modest. Her series Wish you were here have approximately 2,5 M reads combined with the first part being ranked #1 in Fanfiction. She is one of the friendliest people on the platform and her current book Ambition has me on the edge of my seat. I adore that story so very much @RubySlippers ! Please welcome Ruby in the sisterhood with a warm hug, kisses and a follow. Read her stuff, you know you want to. All the love xxx

 All the love xxx

Alice is nervous, unnecessarily so, but when the visits are so few and far between, it's difficult to stop the build up of anxiety that pushes close to the point of bubbling into a full blown panic attack.

She has given the code name to the front desk, her boyfriend insisting on choosing a different colour each time to hide his identity from anyone other than staff.

Her world almost predominantly revolves around their privacy and this is just one of the many adjustments she has had to make since they first started dating four years ago.

"Mr. Vermilion's room?" The attendant catches her attention and gestures towards the lifts, Alice's heart picking up once again to canter ungracefully in her chest.

This is one of the longest stretches apart they have ever had as he travels the world entertaining people with his successful second record.

It's been seven months since she last saw his face without the aid of a screen, his piercing green eyes that seem to transform from brooding to sparkling effortlessly, his strikingly handsome features that are classically masculine yet, somehow pretty.

She can't believe it's been over half a year since she laid eyes on his inked skin, littered with memories that are permanently etched into him, his broad shoulders, his sharp jaw or that heart clenching dimple in his left cheek. It's been far too long since she felt his breath on her skin, his tongue in her mouth or the weight of his body on hers.

He works hard and so does she, their lives often throwing them on different paths but at the end of the day there is only one direction; Together.

It's not necessarily a life she would have chosen for herself, hiding her relationship, never entering restaurants or shops together, spending long stretches of time without her significant other or the hoards of woman that fawn over him and, in turn, loathe her without reason.

But that's what love does to you. Turns your world upside down and flings you around, sometimes you don't know what's up or down anymore but it's something she would continue to navigate through without objection.

Everything about him, from the way his super creative brain works, which is sometimes a little magical to Alice who is a lateral thinking lawyer, to the way he peels his bananas from the bottom side first, is worth it to her.