Xue Yang (xxv)

A/N: uuuu sorry for delaying the updates for this novel QwQ This one is helluva lot harder to write than QTBB by 500% so I've been racking my brain trying to find out how to end this arc appropriately and continue on despite already having a clear idea on how I want everything to play out. It's totally a matter of detail and sequence of events.

The driver in front was no longer fazed by his employer's sudden displays of affection. Rather than the displays, he was more surprised that Feng Xinya was able to express any emotion aside from his usual cold and stoicism at all.

But it wasn't his place to feel any sort of feeling towards the changes. Really, he was just amused at how handsome the two men in the backseat were, especially paired together.

Before long, they had finally returned to Xinya's estate and the driver dropped them off right at the entrance, then proceeded to park the car in Xinya's garage to take his own back home. It was evening and time for dinner.

When they entered the mansion through the front doors, they tacitly walked up to their respective rooms to change out of their formal attire into something more comfortable and easier to move around in. Then, they both went back downstairs to cook up something simple for dinner.

Actually, the Xue couple had offered them to stay for dinner but how could Xinya or Yang possibly want to stay for even a single second longer?

Thus, they left and wordlessly decided to fix up their own meal for the evening.

With the recipe online, Feng Xinya and Xue Yang cooked up some seafood stir fry, an accompanying soup, and fresh, hot steamed white rice.

Like always, their dinner was eaten at the dinner table in comfortable silence with both occasionally peeling prawn shells and offering food for the other.

After dinner, Feng Xinya helped clean the table while Xue Yang washed the dishes as always. As he did so, Feng Xinya stood leaning against the counter with his legs crossed and suddenly opened his mouth,

"It'll be noisy for the next few days."

Xue Yang's hands scrubbing the porcelain bowl paused slightly before continuing its rhythmic movement, "Mm."

He kind of guessed it when he was confronted by his younger brother. Even though the latter couldn't see him behind the safety of Feng Xinya's back, he saw Xue Bai's every feature clearly. His twelve-year-old brother wasn't the only one with an eidetic memory. The only reason he took as long as he did to flip through the files at the Xue manor was because he didn't want to speak to his parents.

Though, Xinya had already noticed back in B country that Yang had a superior memory than others, including his brother's.

One could say that the Xue family comprised of prodigies and geniuses, with Xue Yang and Xue Bai' s existences alone.

However, it didn't take a genius to know that while his aunt held blatant malice towards Xue Yang's branch of the family, the mistress and her son would also feel similar feelings of ill-will towards him due to the threat he posed to their position even if he had no desire to contend against them.

Even more so, since they were the pawns of Qiu Se, the aunt, it was undeniable that she had been planting the seeds of hatred within the mistress and the son's hearts from the very beginning. Even if Xue Yang were to tell them that he didn't desire the Xue family, they would not believe him and would even be convinced that he would come back to take the Xue family away from their hands in the future.

Even though Feng Xinya had successfully kept Yang's appearance from being directly revealed to the Xue mistress and son, his little kitten's platinum hair was too distinguishable. And, even if they weren't sure of Xue Yang's presence by his side, the paranoid trio would still make sure to check up on Feng Xinya--whether it be to kill him to rid of a threat or to poach him to their side as a powerful ally.