56: Detach Yourself

A/N: sooo do you guys like the new trailer or the old one? Also, thanks Kadijah Foggi for the amazing cover i'm so in love with it 😍 //read a/n at the end\\

Chapter 56: Detach Yourself

Luna's POV

It was just like how we began this mission. Us laughing as we were right now. When things were much simpler.

"Okay ladies, lets go shopping!" Noah spoke is a falsetto voice while looping both his arms through ours.

I laughed as he basically dragged us along while he skipped, "Wait guys, I don't even know what I'm meant to wear, is there like a theme? Dress code? Matching? Oh god, I have no idea."

"Calm down Lulu," Raven stopped us, "I've got it all sorted."

"If you have it all sorted why didn't you enter yourself into the contest instead of me!" I exclaimed.

"And stand in-front of all those people? Hell no." Raven shook her head.

I humphed, "What am I even meant to do?"

"The contest is simple, before the event starts you go to a meeting with the judges to discuss why you should win it, then the even begins and everyone arrives with their accomplices-"

I looked warily at her at this point.

"-and every contestant will give a speech about anything that is quote on quote 'inspiring' after that all the contestants do their dance with their accomplices then the after party begins where the judges announce the winner."

"So a competition to see who is the prettiest and has the greatest will, Yeah...nope I'm not going." I turned around to leave but she grabbed my arm and hauled me back.

"No Lu please, Bee is organising it and she really wants at least one of us to go." Raven pleaded.

"Why can't Harley do it then?" I protested.

"Because Harley did it last year and you can't compete again, well unless your name begins with 'Hayley' and ends with 'Turns'."

"Hayley's doing it?"

"She always does, and plus they have dance rehearsals for the pageant tomorrow so you can work out whatever is going wrong with you and Ace."

"I-I-" I looked at Noah for help but he just shrugged, "Fine, but if someone gets punched in the face don't blame me."

Raven clapped her hands and dragged us to the nearest store.

"I don't have a clue what colour I'm even going to wear." I trudged along the racks of fancy dresses and suits.

"Red, it's your favourite colour." Raven and Noah answered both at the same time.

"This is why I don't go shopping alone." I smiled at them.

"You don't go shopping alone because you don't do it voluntarily so we make you come." Raven said in a matter of fact tone as she took out a dress and scanned it.

"Actually no, I went to that one time to get more milk." I tried to redeem myself.

Definitely didn't.

Raven and Noah stopped going through the clothes to give me a look that sounded like the 'why you always lyin' vine.

"What I did!" I lied, "Okay so maybe I didn't."

I shrugged while they tutted me, and turning back to the dresses on the rack, scanning each one in turn. I looked up for one second and something caught my eye, it was the perfect dress. Just the right scarlet shade, it was an A- Line Asymmetrical Princess Organza dress.