29 | asking mark

AERI

after what happened yesterday with me and donghyuck, in the art room and he confessed. but wait, did he actually confessed? i am still confused.

maybe i misheard, maybe he said that i shouldn't be falling for him, because i confessed yesterday?

i am confused, i want to rewind and maybe pay more attention.

i sighed, and got dragged away my daydream by a creak of a door opening. i shook my head, and looked up only to see mark with marvel comics on his hands.

"hey mark." i said, and sat straight up my bed. he smiled as if i was acting weird, he closed the door behind him and walked towards my bed.

"you seem really down.... or confused should i say." he sat on the edge of mine and donghyuck's bed. he eyed me, smiling.

i sighed, smiling back at him and grabbed one of the nearest pillow. "yeah, i'm just really confused." i said.

he hummed, and opened his comic while he bit his lower lip.

then i remembered that mark actually knows why donghyuck is being rude, or different. should i ask?

"mark?" i quickly spoke, gulping and breathed in and out. "yeah?" he asked, without leaving his eyes on the comic.

"i- uh..." i stuttered, i couldn't speak it out. it's too weird, and kind of embarrassing if i ask.

you know what? whatever!

"is hyuck being different towards me, because he....because he likes me?" i was shaking when i spoke the last four sentence.

mark's eyes lasered mine, a confused expression was pasted on his face. but yet, he looked calm and most likely nodding and showing that what i said was precisely right.

"d-did he tell you?" he stuttered. "told me what?"

we both stared at each other in silence, completely clueless and confused at one another's sayings.

i exhaled. "what i understood was yesterday he said that he liked me more than a family, a sister.....more than a friend." i said, i really didn't like telling this because what if i was wrong, and he is just sitting there like "oh no, she really misunderstood everything."

"i- i don't really understand anything right now. maybe it's best if i just zip my mouth."

i frowned, and felt upset that i couldn't get the answer. why does this have to be so complicated?

"o-okay." i stuttered, then grabbed tighter on the pillow.

mark placed his comics down, and wrapped both his hands together. "aeri please don't be upset, i just don't wanna spit it out and make haechan upset."

i shook my head, smiling. "don't be sorry mark, don't be."

note: guys i don't feel so good :(