TWENTY-ONE

A/N: if you don't already, please follow me

A/N: if you don't already, please follow me. I post updates on why i'm unable to update my book and i'm getting tired of repeating myself . I am leaving for Canada for christmas soon and won't be able to upload until the new year but will try to write a few chapters :)

The loud music echoed through my ears. I was surely tipsy by this point, my head slightly spinning, yet I felt good at the same time. I had once heard someone say tipsy was the only state in life where you didn't cry, and right now, I agreed with that statement. I was still conscious, just a little more care free.

It had been about an hour since Sebastian had arrived, and my nerves had finally cooled. His eyes hadn't left me since I had walked away from him, I could feel them burning a hole in the back of my head. I grabbed another drink, sculling it before anyone could tell me not to. I had made the decision that I needed to be drunk to handle the rest of the night and that seemed like the best idea.

"Hey, maybe you want to slow down," Rosie said from beside me. She went to grab the empty cup from my hand, but I quickly moved it out of her way.

"No, I'm fine. Stop ruining my fun," I pouted, pouring more orange juice into my cup.

I reached for the bottle of vodka, but Rosie moved it out of my reach. I pouted at her.

"I don't think being drunk is going to lead to anything good tonight," Rosie suggested. I could tell she was getting frustrated with me but trying her best to stay calm for my sake.

"What? You mean like sleeping with him?" I questioned loudly, turning around and pointing at Sebastian. He raised his eyebrows, surprised at my words. He began to analyse me from across the room. It almost made me mad that he didn't smile when I mentioned having sex with him.

"Maizie! Be quiet!" Rosie said, turning my body around to face her once again.

"Why? The music is super loud. There was no way he could have heard me," I shrugged, full well knowing that he had, and Rosie did too.

Rosie took a deep breath, pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. I saw the opportunity to quickly snatch the vodka bottle away and run away from my best friend.

I hadn't meant to be a pain tonight, but I honestly wanted to let go from the mess that was my life and since the night was about me, it felt like it was perfect timing.

As I was sneaking away from Rosie I hadn't been watching where I was going, and my body slammed into another warm one. Some of the vodka had slightly spilt out of the bottle, but luckily not on the stranger. I looked up to apologise when I was met with a bright, white smile.

"A bit tipsy, are we?" The deep voice said.

I giggled, nodding my head. "Yes, just a little," I said while pinching my fingers to indicated how much.