- t w e n t y t h r e e -

"Consuming all the air inside my lungs, Ripping all the skin from off my bones, I'm prepared to sacrifice my life, I would gladly do it twice. "
                                - Shawn Mendes
                                       (Mercy)

THIRD PERSON
[October 25th, 2020]

There is the deafening sound of Ailee cocking her gun and every single snipper positioning themselves and leveling the guns directly at each one of the individuals in the room except for Kai as Ailee would be the one who was going to end his life.

Kai holds in his breath and closes his eyes, allowing a tear to escape his eyes that was unnoticeable to everyone but Declan whose heart constricted painfully in his chest. Numerous gun shots are heard and for a moment it's silent.

Kai begins to feel heavily lightheaded with his heart racing and beating out of his chest. When he stabilized himself, he realized soon that he was breathing and no pain consumed him. He slowly and shakily opened his eyes and all you could see were all the snippers shot dead with blood pooling from their head.

Their bodies laid limply on the floor, the crimson color stained the hard wood floor and other furnishings in the room. When Kai looked around, he saw with astonishment, Bryn holding an advanced looking gun herself.

Ailee was alive as Bryn hadn't decided to kill her just yet because there was the chance that Ailee would trigger her gun quick enough to shoot Kai in the head. Now, Ailee was nervous because she never expected something like this to happen. She never calculated that her plans would go astray and simply and honestly, she didn't know what to do but was quite afraid. But sly and calculating, Ailee didn't show the fear inside her but faced Bryn with quirked eyebrows and pursed lips in thought.

"Thank Moon Goddess for her," Vera sighs as her legs give out from shock and Marcus does his job of supporting her instantly.

Marcus runs gentle fingers through Vera's hair, his hands large but calming against Vera's scalp. Her heart was thundering and she felt inner shame that she felt so helpless in this kind of situation. She was a warrior. A better warrior than some of the guys in the pack yet she was no use in a situation like this.

It was really an ego crusher for her but she could only be thankful that everyone was okay and that no one died or got hurt because that's what really mattered.

"Let go of Kai," Bryn says as she holds the gun to face Ailee, it was perfectly measured to hit Ailee in the head and instantly kill her.

No one but Elijah knew that Bryn was a master gun woman. She was skilled with a gun whether it was up close or long distance. This was something she didn't reveal often and her own pack members weren't aware that she had such a skill. Most werewolves didn't practice using guns because they could shift and their werewolf form was their weapon but Bryn faced enough turmoil within her life to know that sometimes werewolf form just wasn't enough.

Another reason why Bryn wasn't shooting is because of the way Ailee was positioned by Kai. She was close to him with the gun pointed at the side of his head. If Bryn were to shoot, it would kill Ailee but the bullet would go straight through her head and it would end up puncturing through Kai's head and the bullet would most likely land at the right hemisphere of his brain, damaging his brain and many vital nerves or possibly even kill him.

Shooting Ailee right now was not the right move and Bryn only hoped that Ailee wasn't aware of the real reason she wasn't shooting at Ailee.

"Why would I let go of him?" Ailee scoffs haughtily.