Chapter 8

Hadley groaned in frustration. How does finding her mother connect to becoming a proxy?

Did she need a permission slip?! She had her pervert father for that!

"Hey."

She looked under her tree to see Hoodie. "Hi. What's up?"

"Um, you are, right now." He joked, making her smile. "Aaaaaand, Slender," Hadley hissed at the mention, "had said that there could be a way to get to the whoever brought you here to tell us about your mom."

Hadley rose a brow. "Okaaaaay, and how?"

"Uh, they're still trying to figure it out." Hoodie said, shrugging. "Are you gonna come over, or stay up there sulking?"

"...I'm not sulking. I'm thinking about life and how the world might end."

"... okay then, enjoy that." Hoodie walked away.

She snatched a leaf, feeling the veins (vein-like?) and admiring the lovely autumn colors of each and let it slowly fall down.

This was her tree, everyone knew it was her tree. This tree was like a happy place, she loved nature, and enjoyed the old scent of her tree.

She grabbed another leaf and dropped it, watching as it went back and forth until the ground suddenly had a dark arm grab it and likely dragged it into the depths of hell...

What?

She nearly tipped right as she stiffened against the bark. She was going mad, wasn't she? First the shadow and now a arm from hell.

"Oh My, ThAt DoEsN't BeLoNg HeRe, NoPe."

She paled when she heard the distorted voice near her.

"UnNaTuRaL. SlEnDeR wOn'T lIkE tHaT, eVeN wOrSe ThAn ThAt LaDy WiTh A cRyInG bAby. DiStUrBiNg My SlEeP."

Hadley's breathing became ragged as she sneakily stood, holding the bark for support. She felt around for her familiar branches to climb down.

"ArE yOu tHaT cRyInG bAbY?!"

She screamed when it was near her ear, she could feel the hot breath and lost her grip, falling to the ground, her fear heightening when she thought of the arm that had grabbed the leaf. Was it going to grab her too?

"Whoa!" She heard frantic footsteps before she fell into someone's arms. "H Hadley, *tic* what's w wrong?"

She clung to Toby's, who caught her, neck, looking frantically around for whatever had whispered in her ear and for the pop-out-of-the-ground arm.

"H hey, it's al alright *tic* I c caught you." Toby reassured.

She let out a a shaky sigh, relaxing. "S sorry, I just heard s something whisper in m my ear." She whimpered.

"The w wind?"

"No! Something about unnatural things and crying babies and-" She said quickly, then stopped, realizing that she wasn't making much sense and took another breath. "Sorry, but-"

"Okay, l let's go to Sl Slender and *tic* explain to h him." Toby said, setting her on her own feet and heading for the mansion.

"No, I still don't wanna talk to him." Hadley protested, doing a childish pout.

"B but-"

"No." Hadley smiled when she knew she won. "Lets go to anywhere but no Masky or Slenderman, they'll just give me a headache."

"F fine."

________________

3 facts about Hadley:

One. She likes horror movies and sleeps peacefully after.

Two. Her favorite animals are hippos and rats.

Three. She gets extremely paranoid that something will grab her foot when she swims. Even in big puddles.

Vote and Comment!