Chapter 13

[Unedited]

Lucious shook in his seat. It had been hours and all they got from the desk was she was still in surgery. He couldn't even be happy to hear about a baby. His boys sat numb in their chairs. No one had said a word, he was stressed. It felt like he had a weight on his shoulders preventing him from moving.

"Lyon family...." A man spoke walking up, he looked freshly cleaned up.

"I'm the surgeon that operated on Cookie. We were able to get the bullet out, but due to her heart attack prior...."

"Don't tell us she's gone....." Hakeem cried out.

"No, she's still here. I don't know for how long though. She's in critical condition, we can only hope she pulls through. I would like to talk with the husband?" The surgeon spoke, Lucious stood approaching him.

"That's me." He spoke sounding just as distraught as he looked. The man led him away from the boys.

"With her heart attack her bodys trying to work to heal, while also providing for a child. We're not sure her body can handle.....a pregnancy right now. You being her husband have that desicion. She fell into a natural coma from blood loss and shock. You as the father and the husband have her proxy to terminate." He spoke, Lucious wanted to yell, cuss, scream, but he had nothing.

"And if I don't....terminate." He asked softly.

"You drop her chances of surviving. If she does indeed survive, she may not survive childbirth. With the bullet so close to her heart, it put more strain on her heart. Were afraid that she won't pull through even without the baby." He spoke, Lucious nodded. Such a desicion weighing on him seemed to make him crumble even more.

"Im sorry sir....by obligation I am to inform you that her heart stopped at one point." He continued, Lucious closed his eyes dropping his head.

"She died?" Lucious asked.

"Yes sir, we were able to revive her in less then three minutes. I know this is alot, realistically we wouldn't be able to perform an abortion now, but if you decide to follow through we will terminate in the next few days when her body starts replenishing her blood at a healthy rate." He explained.

"I can't make that kind of desicion right now. " Lucious spoke, the surgeon nodded.

"I understand, take your time. As for seeing her, we cant let you in the room just yet, but you can view her." He spoke patting Lu on the shoulder. Walking away the boys rushed over spewing question after question at him. He broke down into tears once more.

"Can we see her?" Jamal asked, Lucious shook his head wiping his face. Did he tell his sons about everything? Could he go through this again? Losing a child was hard enough the first time.

"She's a ICU patient." Lucious responded.

"We can view her but we can't go in." Lucious added. They boys felt crushed.

"Do you wanna go?" They asked, Lucious shook his head taking a seat.

He couldn't bring himself to go. He was torn inside. One side said try and save his wife....the other said leave the baby, knowing Cookie would want him to. Where the hell was he when all this went down? On stage keeping business going. That's all he ever did, keep things moving when his world was crumbling. He didn't want or care about a damn thing right now. The only thing that was on his mind was if Cookie could pull through.

The next day....

Lucious sat in a chair outside the hospital room. He'd gotten not a wink of sleep, just watching her heart moniter beep. Keeping his eyes on her every second. He just needed her to pull through. What was he to do without his lover, his best friend, and his rock. His everything lay motionless on the bed, not even able to breath for herself. The bullet had pierced the top of her left lung making risk of infection high.