Chapter 15

I glared up at Ashley as I locked my phone. "What did you do?"  

She began to rub the nape of her neck nervously as she clutched her phone in her other hand. "I may or may not have responded for you, then taken his number out of your phone and texted him myself?" She nervously responded. 

I sat back and slouched down with a loud groan, pinching the bridge of my nose. "God damn it, Ashley... You dug me a fucking hole, didn't you?" I said, squeezing my eyes shut. 

She flailed uncomfortably. "No, it's not a hole! I just kinda... Forcefully got the information I wanted." She responded. 

I sighed. "Oh, so it's not a hole. It's a fucking crater." I said, annoyance prominent in my voice.

She sighed and waved it off. "You're looking at this too pessimistically! I got you a place to live, that isn't on my couch!" She said, a triumphant smile on her face. 

My eyes widened in shock. "You... What?" I said, slowly turning to face her. 

Her smile quickly faded. "Uhhhh...."

I groaned even louder than before and pulled my phone out, texting Mic. 

'What did she tell you?' My message asked. 

'Who?' He responded.

'Ashley. What did she tell you?' I asked again. 

There was a lengthy pause between messages, which entailed me glaring at Ashley with an indescribable evil.

'Oh! She said that you had talked to her about staying at her place for a while, then coming over to my place! She said you didn't want to say anything until you were 100% sure, though. I'm just glad she told me sooner, rather than later.' His response read. 

I read through it and my eyes filled with an ungodly rage. My eyes drifted up and caught hers. She gave me a fearful smile. 

"Well, no turning back now, I guess! You can't tell him you aren't going to, because it would crush him, haha..." She said, ending with nervous laughter. 

"You. Are. So. Dead!" I exclaimed, lunging at her from my side of the couch. 

She squeaked in fear and leaped off the couch. I scrambled for her, but she commanded something in a foreign tongue and my feet were locked in place. I struggled against the unseen force as I tried to reach for her. 

"Calm down, (Y/n)! It's a stable place! And, who knows, maybe you'll get a new boo in the process." She said, giving me a cheeky wink. 

I let out a growl of frustration. "I don't need a new boo! I tend to attract the crazy ones, and dammit, I don't need any more crazy than what's already in my life!" I retorted. 

She started running for the door. "Calm down, it'll be fine! OH! You move to his place next week!" She shouted. 

I heard the door open and she said something in the same foreign tongue and I fell onto my face. I raced after her, but she slammed the door and I scrambled to open in. She had already hopped in her car and locked the doors, starting it and squealing out of the parking lot. I stared after her, flipping her the bird as she tore away. I groaned and went back inside, closing the door after myself, quietly this time. 

"For fucks sake..." I murmured, rubbing my temples. "There is literally no way out of this for me." I said, going back into the living room. 

I plopped back onto the couch and pulled up my phone. I texted Ashley immediately. 

'I actually hate you.'

I knew she wouldn't respond because she was driving, but I left the message for her to find. I crossed my legs as I sat on my couch, thinking about the days to come. I would have to face Mic nearly every day of the week because I work with him. I'm probably going to do my best to avoid him like the plague. I rubbed my face in frustration and groaned out. I sat for a while and my phone buzzed, indicating I had a text message. I stared at my phone for a second before picking it up. 

'I'm sorry for making a rash decision for you, but I really don't want you on my couch any longer than I have to. I love you and all, but when we spend elongated amounts of time together, we start to fight over territory. And I don't want to have a dispute with my best friend. He offered, I accepted.' The message from Ashley read. I let out a sigh.

'It's fine, I guess. Yeah, I'm pissed, but who knows. Maybe it's for the best. And I agree with the whole dispute thing. I guess we'll see where we end up in all of this. How long am I on your couch for?' I replied. I sat back and waited for a response. 

'Sometime throughout during next week. You'll have to talk to him for full details, but I know it's next week. You'll be on my couch for a few nights, though.' She responded after a moment. I let out another grueling sigh. 

'Fine. 

Thanks, I guess. I'm not entirely mad.' I responded. I was pissed to high hell, but I had to give her props for looking out for my well being. I know she doesn't want to deal with me for an extensive amount of time, and I don't blame her. 

I sighed and set a few reminders on my phone, deciding to go to bed for the night. As I was about to turn out my light, I looked around my empty bedroom. The only thing I had in here was my bed and an empty dresser. I gave a sad once over of the room before clicking my light off and cozying up in my bed. I let my thoughts consume me as I drifted off to a fitful sleep.

*****

I slowly pried my eyes open, a soft light poking through the curtains of my room. I sat up with a small stretch and grabbed my phone. I forgot to plug it in last night, so it died. My alarms didn't go off. I glanced at the clock on the wall. 

6:45

"Shit!" I exclaimed. I shot out of my bed and made myself presentable as fast as possible. I got dressed and skipped any sort of breakfast. I raced out to my car and started it, tearing out of the parking lot and to the school as fast as I could. I almost got pulled over, but got lucky. I pulled into my spot and raced toward the school. I did a perimeter check as fast as possible, ending up at the front o the building right as Aizawa was walking up to the doors. 

"You're late." He said, waiting for me to unlock the doors. 

"Yeah, I'm aware." I grumbled, letting him into the school. 

I ran a round of the school, making sure everything was okay before sighing and opening my office. I went and sat at my desk and put my head in my hands. My eyes fluttered shut and I rubbed my face with a groan. 

"Stressful morning?" I heard a voice chime out. I jumped and got ready to fight, giving the owner of the voice a death glare. Then I recognized the familiar blonde. "Whoa, no need to get all hostile." He said, putting his hands that were holding coffee cups in the air.

"Good god, Mic. You scared the shit out of me." I said, sitting back at my desk. "Yeah, I woke up late and almost didn't make it on time." I said, turning to my computer. I started to remember my housing situation and my face flushed. 

"I see." He said, walking to where I was sitting. His slender hands set one of the two cups he was holding on my desk. "Well, I stopped by the coffee shop this morning. Figured I would grab you something." His smooth voice murmured. He was relatively close to me. 

I spun my chair to face him, but I wouldn't look at him, and gave a weak half smile, my face still red. "Thanks. I was in a rush, so I could use it." I laughed. 

He smiled at me. "Yeah, no problem." He said, raising an eyebrow at me thereafter. "Something on your mind?" He asked, leaning against my desk.

I felt my heart flutter and I got a little nervous. "That depends. Why are you asking?" I returned, still not looking at him.

"Well, you were on the defensive when I walked in, you're avoid all eye contact, and your face is red." He said, crossing his ankles as he sipped at his coffee. 

'Shit.' 

I shrugged. "I mean, how are you not on the defensive after what happened yesterday?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He nodded. "Fair enough. Why are you avoiding eye contact and blushing like a mad man, then?" He retorted, a smug look on his face. 

I caught his gaze, hidden behind his glasses. I opened my mouth to give some sort of snarky response as he pulled his glasses off, revealing his emerald eyes. I suddenly was at a loss for words. My face flushed again, my blush growing darker than it was before. His smug look slowly transitioned into a smirk.