Ch 10. When Mess Meets Disaster.

JISOO 💍

"You were bait....or you are bait."

Jisoo grips him roughly by the collar and raises her fist. Yixing's face scrunches up in fear, tightly closing his eyes.

"Belt! Belt! Look at the belt!" Yixing sputters.

Jisoo looks down at it before pulling it off of his body. Opening the clip she sees a tracking device built in it. She swallows thickly and glances at Jennie.

"2 minutes." Jisoo says.

Jennie looks up at the sky seeing a helicopters spotlight in the distance quickly zeroing in on them.

"1 minute." Jennie says.

•••

The marching of footsteps neared closer to them as a group of men searched the area. Task forces called out orders and clears while Choppers casted its spotlight among the small town. Every crook and cranny was to be searched for the Kim couple.

The wind currents of the helicopters caused the leaves and dirt to brush over the water drains of the streets.

Closing her eyes in displeasure at the bright light, Jisoo sputters as dirt gets blown into her mouth, sprinkling her face.

She laid still, pressed next to Jennie beneath the storm drains of the ground of the alleyway. Her heart thumped in her chest when a group of searchers walked right over them. The distinct footsteps becoming less prominent as the seconds pass.

"What has it come down to?" Jennie says turning her face to Jisoo's. They're so close that she could practically feel Jisoo's warm breath against her.

"You're the one that said this wasn't a real marriage." Jisoo says stubbornly.

"Well at least apart we know what the odds are." Jennie offers. Jisoo looks over at her making Jennie sigh. "Let's just call this what it is, and what it isn't."

The chopper does another sweep making Jisoo close her eyes again. Spitting the dirt out of her mouth, she looks towards Jennie as best she can in the small space.

"Alright so it's a crap marriage. I'm a mess and you're a disaster. We're both liars." Jisoo says. "But if you run you'll always be running." Shifting her head more comfortably she sighs. "I say we stay and fight. And if you wanna go than you can go." She offers looking at Jennie.

Jisoo feels a warm delicate hand find its way into hers. "Thank you." Jennie says softly. Her brown eyes boring into Jisoo's.

"One person alone can walk fast. But two travelling together can walk further." Jisoo whispers giving her hand a squeeze.

•••

They're able to escape from the storm drain allowing Jennie to breathe a little easier now that she was out of its confined space.

The two migrate to a nearby department store, seeking refuge in the large warehouse. They know they don't have much time until the store is searched as well.

Jisoo breaks the back door open before entering with a raised pistol. Jennie right behind her doing the same thing. They survey the area making sure that it's clear. Settling behind a counter they quickly gather their weapons they have on them.

"This is a really good store." Jisoo comments while looking around making Jennie scoff lightly. Now really wasn't the time for her wife's store reviews.

"I'm just saying." Jisoo shrugs.

Search teams were narrowing in on their locations quickly, they were running out of time. Strapping up their extra thick bullet proof vests Jisoo offers Jennie a hair elastic.