30) The Reunion

Lena
-
"Oh, Goodness. What are you doing here? Does your mother know you're here? " He asked confused.

"No of course not." I shook my head.

"Elena, what's-." A voice interrupted.

"Hon, are you alright? The lights went out." A woman called from behind him.

"I shouldn't have come, this was a mistake.." i started to back away.

"No, no. Please, come inside. It's late." He stepped aside.

"I don't want to be a bother.." I looked away.

"Lena, you'd never be a bother. Please come inside. It's freezing, you'll get a cold." He motioned me in.

I sighed and nodded stepping inside. I wasn't sure I believed him but I knew I didn't have enough gas to go back home.

"Hon?" A woman stepped into the room. "Oh, who's this?"

"This is my daughter Elena."

"Oh! Elena! How nice to meet you sweetheart, I'm Martha." She smiled.

I nodded awkwardly. "Hello."

"Are you alright?" My father asked her.

"I'm fine honey, I found flashlights. I'm gonna go check on the kids, there's a lighter and some candles in the kitchen, set them up please?" She smiled.

"Of course." He smiled and kissed her softly taking a flashlight from her.

I looked away.

He cleared his throat and she walked out. "I'll be back, do you need the flashlight?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I'm okay." I pulled out my phone.

He chuckled and nodded. "Very well. Anyways please make yourself at home. "

I nodded feeling slightly awkward.

He smiled once more and made his way over to where I suppose is the kitchen.

Once everything was calm he walked back towards the living room. "Good, you're still here."

I nodded. "I'm sorry, this is random I know."

"You don't need to apologize. You're welcome anytime." He smiled and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I hope this is okay."

"It's plenty ok." I'm my eyes watered as I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"I love you sweetie, I'm so sorry I never came back."

I shook my head. "You have your own family."

"You're my family too ." He said softly before pulling away.

I took a seat across from him . "I'm sorry." I said again.

"I already told you sweetheart, you don't have to apologize ."

"No, I just meant- I'm sorry for being mad at you growing up. I thought you didn't want me in your life..."

"I did- I do. It was just a very complicated situation. When your mother and I first got divorced I planned on being in your life. Unfortunately when I married Susan she had been in a bad relationship with Carson's father and so she wanted to move him far away from his influence so we had to leave.." he explained.

"Carson is Susan's son, but not yours?" I asked.

"Well he's my son too, just not biologically." He said.

I nodded. "But you do have more children.."

He nodded. "I do, two boys. Ian is six years old and Baz is three."