Chapter 10.

Tears threaten to fall as I stand alone in the living room, with an envelope in hand.

This is it, I'm moving out.

I didn't believe I could do it but here I am, about to leave this place like I never lived here. This was bound to happen, I know but  it still is hard. There's still that twinge in my heart telling me that I'm giving up but then I need to do this, not because of James's words yesterday but for my own peace of mind.

A big decision yet again.

Keith isn't even here to see me off, not that I expect him to. He's out of the country, he has a business conference to attend to in London and won't be back till three days. I've tried to get ahold of him today but his phone is off and that's why I've written this letter, I hope he receives it and know that I didn't mean to leave this way, I would have waited but for this one time, I couldn't.

Placing the letter on the glass coffee table, I take a breath surveying my surroundings, taking each detail into memory. I've already said goodbye to everyone and had everything delivered to my new place. Clutching my bag , I start heading to the door, each step hard and my heart feeling heavier yet I still move, until I'm out the door, this time not even looking back.

No one bothers me, not even the security, Sarah or Joe as I make my way to James's car, which is parked just outside the gates. For some reason , the security were extra hard on people coming in, aka James, I don't even understand why they're doing this.

I offer a small smile to them as I walk past, a small kind gesture.

" Are you ready?" That's the first thing James says when I meet him .

" I'd rather not say now." I mumble, eyes on the ground.

He leads me to the passenger seat, where I lean back on the seat, head turned to the window as the first tear decorates my cheek.

When James enters , he doesn't say anything but starts the car and drives off. Not long, I feel his hand covering mine and though tempted to remove it because of the reminder that I'm married, I don't. A small squeeze on my hand is enough to draw out all kept tears, my heart heavy yet my mind peaks  at the weight of the freedom I'm approaching.

Okay so moving is no fun, I've already gotten a taste of it but now as I'm sweating, moving things around, placing dishes in their rightful places, sweeping and all...I can definitely say the freedom hasn't sunk in, with how hard I've been pulling at my muscles. If I move anymore heavy stuff, I swear I'll pass out.

" Okay I'm done!" I cry out, throwing myself on my brand new cream white couch.

" Hey we haven't even - "

" Don't even say it, I'll cry!" I warn James , who appears from my new bedroom.

" Oh you look like the dead." He says, shaking his head.

" I feel like it." I tiredly say.

" It would be better if we do things at one go "

" Tomorrow." I say, my eyes already drooping low, exhaustion weighing on me.

He sighs." You're lucky I adore you," he grumbles.

"Thank you." I call out. A smile making its way onto my face.

" Lazy ass." He mumbles, walking away.

" I heard that!" I call after him.

" Good and you owe me lunch!" My eyes pop open at that.

" Where's the heart!" I call out.

" Never said I had one!" He calls back before groaning as I hear something heavy being pushed against the floor.