twenty eight.

"Stab the body and it heals,
but injure the heart and the
wound lasts a lifetime."
— Mineko Iwasaki

Jungkook POV

Rows of orange that shook with the sound of laughter when I held them in my hands. The tiny doses of chemical happiness mocking my inability to feel that way on my own.
But today was different, I felt happy. I didn't need the prescriptions right now just like I haven't needed them this past week or so. They were no longer bound to my mind to suppress the dark thoughts that lived there, because I found a new source of happiness.

He left a while ago, but I still felt his presence. My lips begged to touch his again and they smiled knowing we'd have plans after tonight.

I was able to leave my bathroom again, clean of any chemical whether it was mine or stolen from someone else. It was a good day.

Walking into my living room I noticed the silence, no one else was here. There was an evident lack of buzzing and no loud music to drown it out.

The newly placed frame seemed odd, not having been there before let alone any other frame for that matter. I had placed it on the side table next to the armchair, where I usually end up falling asleep reading some novel whenever my eyelids are too heavy to keep themselves open. It was a nice picture that I found myself smiling softly at, admiring the pretty boy who was oblivious to the camera and my own dark eyes caught staring at the latter.

Jimin had taken that photo when we were all at the cafe, Taehyung and I oblivious to our surroundings as I was engulfed with his presence as usual and he laughed about some hilarious thing that left those lips.

Speaking of the blonde, my fingertips danced across my phone screen to text my best friend, knowing he's been ill and not seeing each other for a while. I knew Yoongi was out of town as of today, so maybe the blonde needed a little company.

It wasn't long before I pulled on a black jacket and old converse, walking fast down the sidewalk towards my usual destination.

The cafe got a little more busy by this time, more people getting off work and needing that coffee to stay awake the rest of the way home or some sweet pastry as a self reward for not quitting today. I waited in line and contemplated texting Jimin, but I was soon at the front and just put my phone away.

Jimin was picky, but I knew what he liked. The small pink box was soon filled with all the pastries he likes, especially when he's not feeling well.

I quickly paid and held the small box to my chest as I walked back out to the cold, already knowing the way to the blondes home. We haven't hung out these past few weeks and I felt guilty for it, I hope he's doing alright.

His apartment complex was a lot nicer than mine, being able to afford it with the help of Yoongi who likes to spoil the two of them. It's really fancy looking but I know he misses living with Hoseok sometimes, good thing we all visit when we can.

I tightened my grip on my backpack over my shoulder and checked to make sure the pastries were still okay after my quick jog up the stairs. Satisfied, I continued down the marble hallway and glanced at the plaques on the wall until I found their apartment room. I had to keep checking since I've only been here a few times.

There was a pause; my knuckles raised but hesitant to knock as voices and muffled music confused me and had me leaning over to check the plague again.

Apartment 4N.

That's correct.

He's probably just watching tv very loudly, I thought to myself. And then I knocked.