More Nights

MAY 10, 20XXSUNDAY

MAY 10, 20XX
SUNDAY

Being away from Taehyung was nerve wracking. If something were to happen to him, I would never forgive myself.

It made hanging out with everyone harder and more exhausting.

I felt terrible for feeling happy after my friends left. Pretending everything was fine just takes too much energy.

Relieved, I lay in bed and snuggle into the blankets.

Right when I pick up my phone, I get a text.

TAE: Look out your window.

I roll out of my bed and move aside my curtain to look out the window.

Taehyung raises his eyebrows and smiles a little.

My eyes widen from surprise. I turn around and quietly make my way down the stairs to rush out to the front yard--- straight into his arms.

"Did you sneak out of the hospital?"

I hadn't realized how much I missed him.

He hugs me tight and kisses the top of my head. "I missed you, Jennie. It's only for a couple of hours, I promise."

I just breathe him in for a while. I'm thankful that he decided to see me. Tearing up, I bury my face into his chest.

He reaches down to pat my head slowly, allowing me to cry.

I don't know why, but I really missed his company today.

I started to think about how one day he might not be there anymore. I felt so empty. Not even my friends could help me.

I was scared.

He pulls away and wipes away my tears with his sleeve.

"Let's just take a walk," He lowly says.

I nod and wrap an arm around him before I lean into him.

We don't walk far. We just walk around the lake across my house. The silence was calming.

Breaking apart, Taehyung clasps his hands together, tilting his head up to the night sky. 

He stands there quietly as I watch him.

He was breath taking in every way, the tan of his skin glowing under the moonlight.

"What are you doing?" I wrap my arms around myself.

Taehyung smiles, eyes still closed.

"Praying for more nights with you."