Chapter Six

The wind was brushing against her face, running through her long hair as the motorcycle accelerated. She held on to Yvo's torso and she held on tight. Yuka took a deep inhale and caught a whiff of his scent. He smelled so clean, of cologne and musculinity. She didn't know how she had defined it as musculinity but she was sure he emitted it. She could feel her back against her front, brushing ever so slightly with the movement the bike made.

She asked the Yvo to stop when they passed by a burger stand by the road. She hadn't had anything since lunch and her stomach was already growling. She was supposed to head to the cafe where her besties were at as she told them she would meet them there after her class but her asshole of an ex showed up and wouldn't leave her alone. She could've been having chicken salad croissant while sipping on her caramel macchiato in a posh cafe. She figured the three had probably left by now. Okay na din dito, naisip niya, para makatipid naman. She'd been saving up for that new Class A Hermès bag she'd seen online. People wouldn't know the difference, anyway. Umaasa lang naman siya sa binibigay na allowance ng asawa ng Ate niya so she couldn't afford a real one yet.

"Libre ko na ulit ito." She said as they sat on one of the stools, waiting for their burger to be served. "Thank you ko ulit sa'yo"

"Yung lalaki kanina, why was he harrassing you?"

"Kasi nga gusto niyang makipagbalikan sa akin. He's an asshole ex and I regret ever dating him." Yuka rolled her eyes and shook her head. She regretted ever meeting him. She only dated Janno for social perks that came with him. She was new to the university when they first met and Janno was one of the first men to show interest in her, he also happened to be one of the popular kids. She wanted to fit in with the other rich, popular kids and it caused her her dignity.

"Ano'ng video ang sinasabi niya?" He couldn't help his curiosity. He remembered the conversation he had with Coco and Tate about Yuka's video. It was probably the same video the man was threatening her with.

"It was..." He could see how Yuka grew uncomfortable. She closed her eyes, burying her face into her palms. "Ang tanga-tanga ko kasi. Sana hindi ako pumayag..."

"Hey, it's okay." He tried to comfort the now upset Yuka. He lifted his hand and ever so lightly brushed it through her long, dark hair. "Whatever it was, he shouldn't be treating you like that. You shouldn't be letting him control you."

Realizing what he had done, he drew his hand away as if he'd touched something hot.

"Paano kung totohanin niya ang banta niya?" She said. "I was so stupid. Ang tanga-tanga ko talaga."

"You need to report him." Yvo said.

She shook her head, lifting it up from her palm. "No. Hindi mo kilala si Janno, he's a complete asshole. If I did report it, he would ruin my life. I have two hundred thousand followers on instagram. What would they think of me kapag nakita nila iyon?"

"Hahayaan mo na lang ipanakot niya sa'yo ang video na iyon?" He asked. He didn't know what to feel. Fury? Pity?

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." Yuka took in a deep breath.

"Yuka..." Her name rolled off his tongue like silk. It surprised him how natural it felt.

"Please, ayoko na sabing pag-usapan!" He didn't expect the rise in her voice.

The woman was in obvious distraught and as much as he wanted to help, he didn't know how to. He felt that if he press on, it would only make her more upset. He instead let the silence settle between them as they ate their food.

"Salamat nga pala, Yvo. Ang dami ko nang utang sa'yo." She broke the silence.

"I just did what any other man would do." Yvo humbly replied and then looked at her.