Chapter Two: Business as usual

The sun was just rising, peeking through he windows our illustrious heroine's bedroom, hitting her tight in the face. She groaned, throwing her arm over her eyes. "Is it morning time, already," she asked to no one in particular. The events of the previous night had troubled her sleep until past midnight.

 Rolling over on her bed, Y/N L/N covered her eyes with her arm. "Uggghhhh why did I do that," she groaned miserably. Hizashi Yamada: Her one true weakness. She had a horrible crush on the eccentric man. "If he keeps coming, he's probably going to recognize me," she mumbled irritably into her pillow before getting up. She sighed, walking into the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. She dragged her feet as she reached for her (H/C) wig. Once she had that situated, she grabbed a contact lens case, and carefully applied the (E/C) lenses with ease, blinking a couple times. She continued on to do her makeup, before going to get dressed.

Timeskip, because dressing yourself is simple.

Y/N headed towards the school, her wig swaying in the breeze. Thankfully for her, her wig and contacts were professionally made, so nobody at the school would be able to catch on to her secret life without really looking into it. The only one who knew was Nemuri. The titular bondage temptress had been a childhood friend of Y/N, so it's not like she'd be able to hide anything, anyways.

She got to the classroom, 1-A, and saw Aizawa going over some lesson plans for the day before taking his routine nap. She smiled softly, calling, "Good morning, Mr. Aizawa. How was your summer?" The generally sleepy man turned his bloodshot gaze to her as he grumbled, giving a non-committal shrug as he answered, "Aside from the training camp attack, press conference, and being hounded by the media, it wasn't too eventful. By the way, you can drop the 'Mr.' You're too formal, L/N"

"A-Ah, sorry," she apologized, frowning a little. She then started setting up her supplies to help out with lessons for the day. She was shocked out of her routine, as a certain boisterous man came into the room.

"GOOD MORNING AIZAWA, (L/N)! LET'S MAKE THIS YEAR A PARTAAYY," Yamada yelled, making Y/N squeal and cover her ears. Aizawa glared at his friend, mumbling, "Yamada, you're too loud, as usual." Yamada grinned, hands on his hips. Unlike the night before, his hair was spiked back into its over the top style. Y/N smiled inwardly to herself, relieved that he hadn't recognized her from the club.

"Good morning, Y-Yamada," Y/N replied, her voice quivering a little as she removed her hands from her ears. "Ah, L/N! You missed a good night, last night," he said, walking fully into the room and wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She blushed immediately, eyeing his hand as he spread the other one through the air. "Oh yeah," he exclaimed, "We went to the club, and there was this girl there! Wow, she was so amazing. I wish I'd gotten her number, though! She said she didn't have a phone."

Y/N covered a chuckle, coughing instead. "I-I-Is that so, Yamada," she asked softly, her eyes turning towards the floor. She didn't want to tip him off, no matter what. The thing was, she had actually gone to high school here, but had started wering a wig and contacts before even starting. She knew exactly what kind of hero she had wanted to be, so she kept her true appearance under wraps. Thankfully, Aizawa and Yamada had already graduated when she started, so she didn't really need to worry about them as much. Since the night before, she was somewhat paranoid, though.

"Yeah," he said dreamily, "I really hope I can see her again." Y/N blushed heavily from his comment, replying, "O-Oh? T-T-That's great, Yamada! I'm sure she feels the same way!" Yamaada grinned, tightening his hold around her shoulders and replied, "Aw, ya really think so?! Thanks, L/N! I'm definitely going to that club again, and this time I'm definitely gonna put the moves on her!"

Aizawa raised his eyebrow at the two, obviously unimpressed. He, of course, had a feeling that Y/N had feelings for his obnoxious friend, but he was as oblivious as ever. His obsessive chattering over this 'Songbird' woman had lasted the entire evening, and was bleeding into the today. 'Moron. Can't even see what's right in front of you,' he thought, irritably.

If he was being honest with himeslf, he liked L/N a lot more than the woman at the club. She was quiet, diligent, and she always helped where she could in his classes. He might be a little rough, but he had a peculiarly soft spot for his assistant. One could even say he had blossoming feelings for the (H/C) girl. He would never admit it to anyone, though. Not in a lifetime. He pushed the thoughts out of his head and scowled a little.

"Yamada, don't you have somewhere to be," Aizawa finally asked gruffly, leveling a bored stare at the pair. Yamadas face dropped into a shocked expression, removing his arm from Y/Ns shoulders. "Ah, you're right! I've got paperwork to do," he exclaimed, scrambling out of the room. Y/N chuckled, closing her eyes and shaking her head. "You know, it's none of my business," Aizawa started, looking back down to his papers, "but you're not gonna get anywhere with that guy, if you don't say anything to him. He's an idiot."

Y/Ns face exploded into a deep crimson, stammering, "I-I-I have no idea what you're talking about, Aizawa! Y-Y-Yamada is just a really friendly guy, t-that's all." She waved her hands in front of herself frantically, an embarrassed expression coating her features. She quickly finished prepping for class, her smile shaky. "A-A-Are we ready for our students, Aizawa?

Time skip, because classes, amirite?

The day came and went, and soon Y/N was on her way home, Nemuri in tow. ""I don't know why you brought him there last night, Nemu," Y/N mumbled, her (s/t) skin coating itself in a blush again. "Ahhhh, c'mon, Y/N," Nemuri replied, slapping her shoulder, "Ya gotta talk to the guy, if you want him to notice you! The real you, I mean!" Y/N shook her head furiously, her blush fading away somewhat. "The whole point of having a secret identity and being a Stealth Hero is it being, you know, a secret," she exclaimed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "And now I have to see him again, Nemu! He said he was definitely coming back, and that he was gonna put the moves on me," she squealed, pressing her hands to her cheeks.

"I mean," Nemuri asked, "You do like him, right? Forget i asked- I know you do. You're smitten with the guy! If he likes you back, and you guys really become a serious thing, how long would you be able to keep your secret identity under wraps, anyway? Wouldn't it be better to just tell him and rip the bandaid off?"

Y/N looked at her feet as they reached her apartment. "I suppose you have a point," she mumbled softly, "But I'm just...I'm not ready, yet. It might be because I've made this life for myself since high school, but... It's hard letting someone in like that. What if he gets captured by my enemies? They could try to get information out of him, or something. He could get hurt"

They settled in the livingroom, and Y/N went to fetch some wine for the two. "I'm not buying the tragi heroine act, Y/N," Nemuri stated, flopping onto the couch as her friend returned from the kitchen. "You're scared, I get that, but Hizashi's a big boy and he can handle himself, ya know? He is  a Pro Hero, too! I doubt any of your fears could be realized."

"I guess so." Y/N set the glasses on her coffee table. "I am heading back to the club this weekend, so theres that," she said softly. "Atta girl," Nemuri cheered as they turned on the television and enjoyed their wine.