ELEVEN; THE KNIGHT BUS

─── RUNNING OUT INTO THE NIGHT was not one of Tyne's brightest moments as she would come to admit later on

─── RUNNING OUT INTO THE NIGHT was not one of Tyne's brightest moments as she would come to admit later on. With no sense of direction in an unfamiliar territory, she had no clue which way to go. Her eyes scanned the empty streets that were dark and wet from the latest storm that had passed through. However, glancing up, the dark clouds covered up the night sky, so not even the moon was present or the stars. She peered over her shoulder, wondering just how far she would get before Basil woke up and discovered she was gone.

A large part of her wanted to go to Theseus and tell him what she knew of Newt's plan, in hopes that they both could help the youngest Scamander and in turn, help Credence as well. But Tyne paused in her step because nothing had changed from the prior moments. She still couldn't speak of what she fully knew without putting her own life at risk.  If she said too much, she would be dead.

The fingers of her right hand subconsciously ran over her left ring finger that was bare of any jewelry, reminding her that she no longer wore the ring. But the problem remained that Tyne could still feel it. She could feel the coolness of the metal that had tied her forcefully into a loveless marriage. And to further remind her of the pain she had experienced, she knew her marriage hadn't even been the worst part of what she had gone through while being away from home.

There had been people that had been lost to her, some for forever, that raked at her heartstrings with every intention of breaking them. She had lost time with Theseus, she had lost her mother, and she had lost him.

Stepping off the curb, Tyne nearly fell and before she actually ended up hurting herself physically, she decided to sit down. It probably wouldn't be long until Basil came up to coax her back inside, but until then, she sat on the curb of the road. Her face fell into her hands, desperately trying to block out the voices that she heard in her head. Her mother's final words to her and the sound of a first breath that turned out to be the very last.

She could remember the long journey that it took to get home and she remembered how good it felt that Theseus had been able to recognise her after she had been gone for so many years. That's where she wanted to be while she healed, she wanted to be in his company, and for some foolish reason during her escape, she thought it was all going to pan out that way. But Tyne didn't take into consideration with how long had passed and how Theseus would move on with his life.

They weren't school children anymore, she had to keep reminding herself of that. They had both grown up and while she lived a life against her will, Theseus had gone on to do all the wonderful things that she wanted him to do when they were younger. He didn't let anything stop him and for that, she was proud of him. He had moved on with his life, became successful and now he was going to be marrying a beautiful woman, and they were going to have their happily ever after even during dark times.

Tyne wasn't sure where she was going to end up, but she knew that she wasn't meant to be part of Theseus' story anymore.

He had been so kind to her to help her and give her opportunities, she couldn't be angry with him that he couldn't have her in his life like before. It was a sign that she really needed to be out on her own and discovery what she was going to do with the rest of her life. But in order to do anything, she needed her freedom back. She was able to walk around at her own leisure, but being unable to talk about what happened.