Hand in Hand

It all started when Y/N found that 'object' on her bedroom floor.

A pair of handcuffs.

Her first reaction was plain shock because it was definitely not hers, and there were only two people in that flat. So it wasn't hers then of course, it belonged to...

"HARRY!"

Y/N's scream nearly tore all the walls down and it took no time for her to show up at his bedroom door. Harry instantly hopped out of bed, looking extremely terrified as he started second-guessing what he'd done wrong this time. Without waiting for him to figure out on his own, the girl held up the pair of handcuffs with two fingers and a look of disgust, asking him to explain. The smirk on his face had already confirmed that he was in no doubt guilty.

"It must have fallen out from the laundry basket," her flatmate explained calmly, taking the thing back from her hand. "It was in my jacket, I forgot to take it out."

Hearing that made Y/N sigh in relief. She laid her hands on her chest, rolling her eyes upward. "Thank God. I thought you had sex in my room."

"Who said I haven't?" It was just a joke, which he immediately regretted after seeing the look on her face. "Never. I swear."

Y/N shot the brunette a death glare and was about to leave, but her eyes lingered on the object for a bit too long. When Harry noticed that stare, a playful smirk soon spread across his lips as he lifted an eyebrow at the girl.

"Curious?"

She cleared her throat, slightly shaking her head. With a bit of hesitation, Y/N pondered for a while before gathering enough bravery to question, "what exactly do you use them for? Handcuff your partner to the bed?"

Harry almost choked on air as he heard that. He tried so hard to contain his laughter so his innocent flatmate wouldn't feel embarrassed. Even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with her question, to hear her talk about sex, even just indirectly, was something very new and amusing to him.

"Yeah, I do sometimes," he answered casually. "But there are so many other things you can do with these."

Y/N's cheeks were burning up as she was almost hypnotized by Harry rotating one of the metal cuffs around his forefinger. His previous answer was echoing inside the walls of her brains and she was trying so hard to stop her imagination from getting a bit out of hand.

"Last night the girl I was with came up with an idea that I would handcuff my own wrist—"

Click. The cuff was now locked around Harry's right wrist, causing Y/N to widen her eyes in shock. She wanted to speak up but she was somehow unable to make a sound, still so bewildered, and at the same time, distracted by Harry's words.

"—to her wrist and see what kind of new positions we could come up with. It's a fun little challenge when you're...restricted."

Y/N swallowed hard, sweating through her palms, heart beating out of rhythm when he took a step forward, but she was not even given time to question his intention. Once she heard that familiar 'click' and looked down, the other cuff was already closed around her left wrist.

"What are you doing?!" She literally screamed in his face. "Let me go!"

"I just want you to try it once. It's not like we're actually doing it." He laughed, clearly amused by her reaction which was completely expected anyway. He found joy in ticking her off, her anger was actually his reward.

"Okay...now I've tried it. Unlock me."

"Okay, okay. God, you must be fun at parties." Harry rolled his eyes, chuckling and reaching out to open the top drawer of his nightstand. As a look of terror flashed across his face, Y/N began to feel uneasy.