Insomnia

Harry is sick. Y/N has no idea how because her boyfriend was totally fine the night before, but this morning when she woke up and reached out to hold him, his skin felt like it was on fire.

He cannot get out of bed so she makes him breakfast, and cools down his temperature with a damp towel before heading out to the grocery store. She is so glad they've got a day off from university but even if they hadn't, she would still skip all the lectures to take care of him.

Y/N grabs a milk carton on the shelf while mumbling the calculation of the prices for all the things in her basket. Suddenly she hears a familiar voice calling her name from the end of the grocery aisle. It's Harry's friends, Niall and Layla, weird to run into them in a place like this, she thinks.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"What else could we possibly do in a grocery store, if it wasn't to shop for grocery?" Layla says with a sarcastic eye-roll.

"Sorry, it's just weird to see you two going shopping together," Y/N replies.

Layla takes a glance at Niall and lets out a sigh. "We're here to get some beer for the party at Horan's place, Harry's coming as well."

"He's sick unfortunately, I'm not sure if he'll make it there tonight."

"Oh how is he now?" Niall asks in concern, receiving a smile from Y/N.

"He's better, still can't get out of bed though."

"Poor Harold," Niall mumbles under his breath then tells Y/N she should hurry up and get home with Harry.

"Okay, I'll catch up with you guys another time!" Y/N waves at her boyfriend's friends and intends to walk away, when suddenly Layla stops her.

"Wait."

"What, Layla?" Y/N turns around, sighing as she's ready for a snide remark from Layla because that's just what that girl always does.

Layla shrugs and crosses her arms in front of her chest. "I rarely talk to you anyway so I might as well say it now."

"If you're gonna make fun of my outfit or something, can't you just do it behind my back because I really has to go." Y/N rolls her eyes and checks the time on her watch. She's been gone for almost an hour and she doesn't want Harry to wake up and finds out he's left alone.

"No, jeez, I'm not that mean."

"Yes, you are."

"Shut up, Horan!" Layla grumbles, making Niall put his hands up and back away to let her continue.

"So we and some other friends are going to New York after finals, you can come with us if you want."

Y/N drops her jaw when she hears Layla's offer. Layla, as well as Harry's other friends, have been less mean to her ever since she started dating Harry, but to invite her on a trip abroad with them is kind of a big deal.

"You're asking me to come along?" Y/N questions, pointing at herself in surprise, causing Layla to roll her eyes skyward.

"Because Harry-"

"Because of Harry!" Niall suddenly cuts Layla short and receives doubtful stares from the two girls, but he continues anyway, "yeah, because you're Harry's girlfriend."

"And you'll be lonely so."

"Layla!"

"What?" Layla looks at Niall, unsure why he's reacting that way. Y/N, on the other hand, finally begins to notice something is off.