Make A Wish

It's Y/N's birthday today

And Harry is excited.

He loves spoiling his girl and seeing a big smile on her face, even though her mouth is saying 'you shouldn't have'.

He just loves her so much it feels surreal sometimes.

This is Y/N's third birthday since they moved into this flat. On the first one, Harry and Y/N weren't together yet. He bought her a cake and waited for her to come back, only to receive a text saying she was staying at her parents', and they'd already thrown her a big party and invited all of her relatives. He couldn't blame her for choosing her family over him. He hadn't told her about his plan anyway, and based on their relationship back then, him buying her a cake was very unexpected.

On her second birthday here, they were already together. Harry decided to make her a cake, which ended up tasting like...well, there wasn't a correct comparison for such a disgusting taste so...yeah. He didn't want her to get food poisoning on her birthday, that's why the cake ended up in the rubbish bin and he made Niall go buy a new one while he decorated the flat. He was more shocked to see her reaction that night, than she was when she walked into a living room full of balloons and candles (he had a hard time cleaning up the candle wax on the floor but it was worth it).

"You shouldn't have," she said with a big smile on her face as she showered his face with kisses. They ate the (store-bought) cake, unwrapped the present, and made love all night. The next day, Harry woke up with the determination to throw her an even bigger birthday party the following year, which is this one. His girl has to be the happiest and he has to make that happen.

Things seem to start out well for Harry when the first news he hears in the morning is that Y/N's best friends from high school are paying her a visit. That means she will be occupied the entire day and he has the whole flat to prepare for the party which he has planned for a really long time.

"Baby, don't come home too soon," he says, walking her out of their front door and she just smiles at him.

"Don't hire a whole band or something as crazy as that. I only want you," she tells him, pressing her lips against his while holding his face dearly.

"Okay, got it, nothing too crazy," he promises then kisses her nose and watches her walk towards the lift. Once she's gone, he immediately makes a call to cancel the band he hired for her.

...

Layla arrives not so long after Y/N was gone. When Harry comes to open the door, he's already wearing an apron, all eager to get started baking that perfect birthday cake he failed to give his girl last year.

"Look at you, all dressed up like a pretty housewife," Layla jokes and playfully pinches Harry's cheek.

"I've told you to stop doing that, it hurts!" He brushes her hand away, slightly annoyed, which only amuses his friend. She walks past him and heads straight to the kitchen. Now that she's so familiar with the flat it's basically like her own.

"Okay, have you bought all the ingredients I've told you?" She asks, laying both hands flat on the marble counter, looking at Harry, who's standing at the door.

"I forgot the eggs, Niall's out to buy some."

"You've got to stop mistreating my boyfriend, Styles!"

"Me?" Harry widens his eyes, pointing a finger to himself. "Last week you made my girlfriend stay up until morning to help you get those shoes on sale."

Layla purses her lips, thinking for a second.

"Let's face it, we don't deserve them," she admits.