Chapter 31

Louis' POV

I saw Pack house come into view and turned to look behind me at the two having a conversation, Harry was holding onto Ryan's tiny hand as they walked. "We're almost there."

They looked up as I informed them, Harry swept the small boy up in his arms and ran off to Pack house, the two of them laughing their heads off, "Last one there's a rotten egg!"

I rolled my eyes playfully and laughed at the curly haired boy's childish behaviour, I sped up and slightly jogged, playing along with the two goofballs.

I caught up to them and they laughed and pointed at me, "Haha, you're a rotten egg, Louis!" I smiled at Ryan playfully and then Harry piped in.

"Ewww, you stink!! Maybe that's the smell of rotten egg," Harry laughed harder than ever and Ryan joined in, "Guess you're just gonna have to accept that as a part of you since you are now a rotten egg."

"Well then, I suppose I smell too much, I better stay away from you Sunshine." I backed away and folded my arms, raising my eyebrows challengingly at him.

"'Sunshine'?" I heard Ryan say quietly and confusingly to Harry as he looked between us.

"Yeah, that's my secret name, only Lou knows that top secret information but you do too now. I trust you with this highly classified info." Harry whispered into his ear, he probably thought I couldn't hear but I obviously did thanks to the great hearing I had.

They giggled and shortly after Ryan was placed on the ground and ran to find Ella, "Bye, Lou! Bye, Sunshine!"

The nicknames he called as he ran off made me smile and the look on Harry's face lead me to thinking about a subject I had previously tried to erase from my mind. A family with Harry.

[Skip to end of week]

Harry's POV

I placed the last of dinner's dishes in the sink and turned on the water, Lou walked over to me and turned it back off though. "I'll do those, don't worry."

Louis had been gone most of the day yesterday and returned quite giddy, then he ducked out this morning as well but came back not too long after and I still hadn't gotten out of bed. He seemed very happy and I did feel a bit jealous that he was getting such happiness elsewhere, with another person. I kept an open mind and made sure to not jump to conclusions, I trusted him 100% and didn't doubt his love for me so I had no reason to think otherwise of him.

The past couple days neither of us had gone into the river, either because it was raining or because he wasn't here and I didn't want to go alone.

I snapped back into reality while he lead me hand in hand out of the house, I smiled fondly at him as he bit his lip and kept turning back to make eye contact with me.

I was giggling and laughing the whole way, persistent to find out where he was taking me but he would not budge. He tilted his head back laughing at my questions and then silenced me with a kiss.

A little more walking and we had reached a gorgeous waterfall crashing into the river, "Tadaaaa!!"

I was honestly beaming, it looked so perfect and the area was quite romantic and cute, but in response to him I just laughed because of how much of a dork he is. All that buildup and excitement over a waterfall, he must really like waterfalls.

We both rushed to jump into the water and splashed around for a bit, then I got closer to him and he pulled me in, pecked my lips and then began talking.

"So, seeing you with Ryan earlier this week brought up some thoughts that I wanted to ignore but I can't. Would you want to have children with me and start a family with me?" I looked him in the eyes and saw he was being genuine and serious, not just joking around about having kids.

"Of course, is love to have a bunch of little yous running around! Even if that means me having to carry them around for 9 months." We both smiled and he looked off to the side in thought for a bit.

"How long would you wanna wait before trying any of that?" He looked very hesitant and nervous about that questions but I found it so adorable that he was that keen to start thinking about making a family now. I took my time thinking of my answer because I wanted to be truthful and I wanted to be 100% sure, I was definitely thinking of graduating first at least but it took that one moment for me to realise I wanted to move forward, I wanted to build our family as soon as I could.

"Who said we have to wait?" A sudden wave of confidence washed over me and I smirked alongside that little suggestive comment. His jaw dropped and he looked so surprised, but he quickly recovered and smiled at me.

Louis pecked me again and then tried to hide the evident glee forming inside of him.

"Harry?" Our eye contact did not break once as he continued speaking, "I know that you're my mate so I was actually destined to meet you and be with you but I just want you to know I am so glad to have you in my life, I've always been so drawn to you and even with the knowledge and feeling that you were my mate I never expected to have this great a bond as we do. I want to be like this with you for the rest of my life, if not, closer. And I think the way to do that is with this," he reached under the water with one hand and pulled out a ring from his jeans since neither of us thought to get dressed out of our daywear. Half my face was already covered by my hands as I clasped them over my mouth/nose. "Harry, will you marry me?"

I obviously was gonna say yes but I was too speechless so I resulted in vigorously nodding my head, trying to fight the tears welling in my eyes

I obviously was gonna say yes but I was too speechless so I resulted in vigorously nodding my head, trying to fight the tears welling in my eyes. He slid the ring onto my finger and I immediately grabbed ahold of him, one hand on either side of his face. He grabbed onto my hips and lifted me so that I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held me up by his hands under my thighs. Our lips slammed together, the kiss was full of passion and we were both smiling through the whole thing.

The sapphire symbolizes loyalty, faithfulness and trust, making it the perfect symbol of a couple's love. Beyond its royal connotations, a blue sapphire engagement ring presents a timeless yet unconventional choice.

This is just what I found online, I literally know nothing about this or anything in life to be honest 😂