love

The afternoon sun began to shine brightly through the thin curtains blocking the window. My eyes peeled open as I witnessed the blue sky painted across the cityscape.

I looked beside me, perfectly aware I was slumbering next to another man. I stared at his messy head of hair for just a moment in pure shock. Not in shock from him being asleep here, but in shock from the fact that I'm awake before him, for once...

Instead of pretending that this is the first time I've seen him in this bed with me, I only shook his shoulder in attempt to wake him. He tiredly pushed my hand away and buried his face deeper into the pillow beneath his hands. I shook him a bit harder and whispered into his ear.

"John?" I called out to him, "It's gettin' late into the day..."

John, hearing my voice coming from right beside him, woke up pretty quickly. "...Oh, Paul!" He finally spoke up, "Yer awake?"

"Yeah, ...I am." I replied, now feeling quite nervous the more John brought himself into consciousness. "I slept well."

John immediately belted out a chuckle, "Course ye did, ye git... Yer here next to me, aren't ye?"

       I raised a brow, unsure if I had heard the man correctly.

       "I mean, c'mon, us together here like this..? It's almost like... ye and me are lovers." He continued on, still half-asleep.

"Um-" I began to reply. To be honest, I wasn't expecting John to be so brazen just after waking. I'm not sure what to say.

"We'll have to camp it up then, ye know?" He giggled through a yawn, attempting to clear the growing tension.

I gave him a puzzled look, and I'm sure John knew what I meant by that. He then burst out further into laughter.

"What the Hell is it?!" I asked immediately as the man continued on his episode.

He paused and just stared at me, "...You! You're 'it', McCartney!"

"Well, out wi' it, then!" I demanded jokingly. "Cause I'm completely lost here!"

"Ye jus... Ah, ye get all nervous and worried over the tiniest of things that I do, it's like... ye've got a little crush on me or somethin'! ...Can't even joke around wi' out ye gettin' all flustered."

I furrowed my brows immediately, "Me?! Now, hang on, yer the one who snuck into my room last night and got in bed wi' me! Explain that, Lennon!"

John rolled over to face me and used his hand to hold his head up, "Relax! I only came in here because it was bloody freezin' in me own room!"

My jaw kind of dropped, mostly in disbelief due to how ridiculous that excuse is, but also because I partially believe it. "...A right trip, ye are."

There was a brief moment of silence until I spoke up again, "Get a shirt on; we're goin' out. So, quit bein' a drag."

John only rolled his eyes and threw himself forward, I did the same and we headed for his kitchen. He allowed me to walk first and followed close behind. I could almost feel his eyes burning holes into the back of my head. However, once we finally did make it into his kitchen, I allowed the boy to walk infront of me again in order to prepare some morning tea for the two of us.

While John did that, I simply observed him while biting my nails.

"So," John tossed a spoon into the sink, "What's the plan for today, Macca?"