Prologue

|Author's Note|

Hello, My Lovely Readers!

So this is the Sequel to One Night With An Alpha, it is based on Eva and her life. This book will be written from a Third person point of view. Since I've never written a book like that I decided to try it now. Hopefully, it comes out okay. Thank you so much for deciding to read this story! I hope you enjoy it as much as I will enjoy writing it. Please leave comments and let me know if you like the story! If there are any mistakes feel free to let me know!

Ember Wolf

~

"EVA!" Alana yelled from downstairs. Eva smiled at herself as she pictured her best friend running around looking for her on the first floor of the PackHouse. She would never figure out that Eva was on the third floor in the library.

Eva's heightened senses came in handy from time to time when she wanted to hide out and finish her books.

Her fingers slide across the pages as she took in all the information the book had. She was currently reading a book on Mates and how they work. Eva was slightly glad she didn't have a mate. She knew she wouldn't be able to deal with a very possessive mate. Especially considering the higher the rank the more possessive the mate was.

"HA! I FOUND YOU!" Alana yelled at the top of her lungs when her eyes met her best friend sitting on the windowsill.

Due to the fact that Eve was in her thoughts, she didn't notice the stomping Alana was making on her way to the Library. She didn't even notice when Alana opened the Library door with a creak.

What she did notice was the heart attack she almost suffered when Alana yelled out at her knowing full well she was blind not deaf.

"Must you always be so loud?" Eva complained as she searched for the book that she had thrown when Alana yelled.

Alana grabbed the book and softly handed Eva the book.

"I was looking for you for twenty minutes" Alana complained trying to justify almost blowing Eva's hearing out.

"I know, I heard you for twenty minutes yelling my name all through the house"

"See none of this would have happened if you had just told me where you were the first time I yelled out for you."

"Is there a specific reason you were looking for me?" Eva sighed as she tried to figure out where the hell she left off in the book.

The sunlight warming her face was strong today which let her know that it was sunny and around noon. Eva knew that Alana was usually working on her online college course during that time. She figured no one would bother her if she hid away in the library.

"Oh right, Auntie Misty was looking for you. She wanted to know if you wanted to go with Uncle Antonio and Dad on their international Alpha meeting." Alana spoke as she joined her best friend on the windowsill.

Eva perked up at the mention of the meeting. Ever since she was little she had grown attached to her adoptive father and his line of work. She was fascinated with assigning pack duties and making sure territory was well guarded. She had a knack for finding weak spots in patrol and often times her uncle and Pack Alpha Alexandrov would ask for help.

A smile plastered on Eva's face gave Alana her answer. Eva definitely wanted to go to the meeting.

"Why do you like those stuffy meetings anyway" Alana complained as she laid her head on her best friend's lap.