36 | family hug

AERI

"okay moon aeri, you're now allowed to go." sister lina showed another fake smile, writing the last word on a paper. my brother bowed slightly, giving her his bright smile. "thank you, thank you so much for taking good care aeri." he thanked.

he shouldn't, this orphanage didn't even took care of us, not that proper.

"of course, that's our job. it's been such a pleasure to have her. she is such a polite girl, we will miss her." she said, placing the papers into a bunk.

"the boys, your friends would really miss you too."

my heart dropped, as i felt a quick shiver on my whole body.

"the b-boys?" i stuttered, making both sister lina and taeil look down at me. "mark...renjun, chenle jisung- i."

i quickly looked up at taeil, grabbing his arms tightly. "taeil, stay here i will be back soon." i said, smiling warmly at him.

"but aeri-"

"i just need to say goodbye to them." i said, i turned around and took a step, slowly i stopped and turned around to see taeil slightly confused.

i ran towards him, and hugged him. "i'll be back." i whispered. "okay, do it quick."

i broke the hug, and let my feet run to our room. i was panting. the steady pound of my footsteps echoed into my ears. i felt a bead of sweat roll down my forehead and splatter to my chin.

i don't want to leave, without saying goodbye.

i came to the hallway, i slowly stopped and started walking. i was breathing heavily, how am i suppose to tell them this? this is scary.

i stopped in front of the door, inhaling and exhaling like i usually do when i am nervous. i gulped, listening to their laughs.

what if i disappear, their laughs won't be loud, because im not there?

i licked my lips, and with hesitation i twisted open the door. everyone's attention was on me, their eyes filled with happiness.

"aeri, we are just teasing jisung with his reading." jeno laughed, waving his hand towards me; technically welcoming me.

jisung frowned.

"but he has been better, im proud of you sungie~" jaemin supportively said, ruffling his hair with a small giggle.

i smiled weakly, watching them. look at how fun they are having, how happy they are even this orphanage isn't the best.

they're happy, because they're together. because we are together.

"come join." mark stood up, offering his hand. i looked down, pursing my lips and refused.

"aeri?" mark spoke.

"i-" i sighed, slowly letting go of the doorknob, and pushing it to close.

"are you okay aeri? is it about....." he turned around, only to see the others listening too. "hyuck?" he mouthed, i shook my head, with furrowed eyebrows.

"what is it then aeri? i don't like seeing you like this, i want your smile." he said, stepping closer and lifted my chin to make eye contact with him.

"m-my..." i didn't dare to speak it, i don't want to leave, but at the same time i wanted to.

"this is complicated to say? it's okay, you don't need to, but i would rather listen to it." he said, he wanted to know so bad.

and he actually need to, everyone needs to.

"my brother...." i paused, i saw the boys walking behind mark to listen more closer and better.

"my brother is back, to take me away from here."

i thought there would be dead silence, but chenle gasped and shouted. "what?! noona, you're leaving? no please don't leave us, i don't want you to go!" he whined, he quickly ran towards me and didn't hesitate to hug me tightly. 

i was shocked, and touched. i weakly smiled, and hugged him tightly back, while stroking his fluffy, soft brown hair.

"wait, y-you're not joking?" jaemin stuttered, everyone's eyes were filled with nothing but sadness.

i'm not.

i shook my head. "unfortunately, im not." i spoke, jaemin frowned.

"unfortunately? you should be happy, now you finally have your brother back. live an amazing life aeri." mark smiled, but i could see pain behind that smile, i seriously could.

"you have no idea how much i'll miss all of you." i said with a low voice. "we do aeri, and we know you know how much we will miss you too." renjun said.

there's a few seconds of silence, but jeno suddenly made a move. he walked behind me, and back hugged me, placing his chin on my shoulder.

renjun who hugged chenle, but successfully reached my shoulder. then our hug became bigger, and bigger every time someone decided to join.

i let out a relief sigh, felt everything perfect and complete when they are around me.

i felt a tear rolled down, i sighed and felt how my legs started to shake. i slowly kneeled down, and we all sat together, had a warm group hug.

"i will miss each one of you, you all mean the world to me." i whispered, making the hug tighter.

"you mean everything to us too, thank you for being my actual first girl friend." jisung said, making everyone slowly and slightly chuckle at his sayings.

but i felt something off, something doesn't feel complete after all. something was missing, something i love was missing.

i looked up, and......

no donghyuck to find.

"where's h-hyuck?" i asked.

everyone looked up, and searched if he was around but no.

"you should go, and tell him goodbye." mark spoke.

note: yo simon says hurry up!