Chapter Four

Absolutely beautiful cover sent in by BellMaddie Thank you!! You sent a few amazing covers, so expect them to be on the chapters to come :)

Chapters 3-4 were posted

His Game: Chapter Four

After Joey left, I headed over to Dino's to hang out with him and Roger and tell them about the date. I swear we are like a bunch of school girls with how many questions Dino asks about these things.

"So, how'd your date with Josephine go?" He asks the second I walk down the steps into the basement.

I snort and sit down at the bar, waiting for a beer.

"It's Joey, actually," I laugh, popping the can open that Dino tossed me.

"Wait wait wait," Dino says, "Joey?"

"She says it's shorter than Josephine so that's what she prefers," I shrug.

"No. No dude!" Dino exclaims in a sudden outburst.

Roger and I stare at him as though he's just sprouted horns and turned purple; like he's nuts.

"What man?" Roger asks.

"I have binged Friends five times. You say Joey and I'm going to picture Joey Tribbiani," he rushes out, throwing his hands up in the air. "You can't ruin my image of a perfectly gorgeous girl like that!"

Roger and I stare at him for a few seconds longer, debating whether or not to even reply, and then we look at each other.

"Anyway, how'd the date go?" Roger asks.

I smirk as I fiddle with my beer can, "She's going to be a fun one."

Dino pouts at me, "Oh come on, give us more than that!"

I snort, "Anything I say to you and you'll picture Matt LeBlanc doing it."

Dino huffs but doesn't deny it and I laugh, shaking my head at him.

"Besides, there isn't much to say. She's slightly different than most of the girls I've dated, but she isn't the first girl to be different," I say nonchalantly, taking a long swig of my beer.

Roger nods to me. "Well, when's the second date?"

I suddenly realize we never set up a second date. She left before I could drive her home and set something up.

So, after I leave Dino's house I decide to text Joey.

Me: Babes, you never texted me that you got home safely.

I hit send, realizing how cringy it is and also realizing how cute most girls find it when the player is cringy. They think my game gets a little thrown off around them, what they don't know is this is exactly what my game is.

Joey: 'Babes'? Now Rhett, don't tell me that nickname is one of your moves.

Me: Oh no Beautiful, I've got a whole new playbook for you.

Joey: For the sake of your pride, I'll pretend to believe that ;)

I snort at her response. She sees through certain things, I'll give her that. But I know how to deal with this, and I can thank Kelly for that. She played the game about a year ago; absolutely beautiful too. She saw through every single move I tried to make, but it only made things more interesting.

Joey: But I'm headed off to sleep- thank you for dinner, night Rhett Calvetti

I smirk at the kissing emoji she attaches to the end of her text and lock my phone, tossing it onto my night stand. But as I lay down to fall asleep myself, I realize we still never set up a second date.