NINE

Pillow talk
My enemy, my ally
Prisoners
Then we're free, it's a thin line

The next morning, I woke in the bed. Naked. Next to Jaxon. He was lying on his back, an arm draped across his eyes.

I tried quietly getting up.

"I'm already awake, Lyla."

"Why am in the bed?"

"I picked the lock again and moved you to the bed."

"Why am I naked?"

"The towel fell and I didn't feel like going back to pick it up."

I pulled the blanket tighter to my chest.

"Lyla, I've seen you completely naked on more than one occasion."

"Could you have said that any less enthused?"

He grunted and turned on his side, looking at me.

"Don't stare. It's rude."

His hand slipped over to me and rested on my stomach. I didn't move his hand so I guess he took that as an invitation and pulled me to him. His body was flush with the back of mine. I gasped when I felt his member touch my backside. He was very hard.

"Uh, I think you need to go take care of that."

"This isn't morning wood," he muttered. "I already handled that."

Chills covered my body at the thought of him pleasing himself. Thoughts of him, sweat beading on his forehead, lip lightly grasped between his teeth, as he works his hand up and down his member. My center dampened.

"This-" he said, pulling me impossibly closer. "-is from you being naked next to me in bed."

I tried pulling away but ended up just wiggling my ass on him, causing him to groan.

I finally managed to unwrap his arms from around my waist. I grabbed the comforter and wrapped it around my body. He was left there on the bed in just his underwear.

"You're so confusing," I mumbled.

"How?"

"Last night you refused to kiss me and now you're turned on by me. I just don't get it."

"Lyla-"

"Just forget it," I muttered. "We need to buy clothes. I have no bra, the T-shirt I was wearing is covered in blood and your sweatpants are way to big for me."

He got out of bed and walked past me to the bathroom. "Here," he handed me his white button down undershirt.

"What will you wear?"

"I guess just my suit coat."

I felt jealousy creep through my bones at the thought of other women seeing his body.

"No take this. I'll wear the T-shirt but I just can't go in with you to get clothes."

"Okay," he said, taking it back from me.

He slipped the shirt over his shoulders, his ab muscles flexing as he pulled it on. As he buttoned his shirt, I watched how deftly his fingers worked.

Man, what I would give for him-

No. Don't think that. I shook the thought out of my head and walked to the bathroom. I dropped the comforter and pulled the T-shirt on. I grabbed the sweatpants, opting to not wearing the same panties again, and pulled the sweatpants up, tightening the string as much as I could.