Chapter 7

Nicholas felt his palms begin to sweat. He was getting incredibly nervous and for the life of him he couldn’t figure out why. The look on Lafayette’s face was distracting. The curve of her breasts pushed toward him in her dress. The slight curve of her plump lips. She wanted him to give her a bloody demonstration?

“I don’t think that’s for me to teac-,” she cut him off, moving toward him on the blanket, her small hands barely enveloping his. “Oh, please. I promise I’m a quick learner and no will ever know about this. Just the us.”

He swallowed, it felt like there was a lump sitting in his throat. With her so close, the word ‘no’ seemed impossible to utter. “Well, I suppose, I could give you a little show of it.”

She smiled so wide she was sure looked rather crazy. But she didn’t care. She was going to enjoy every second of this small victory. “Thank you, Nick. This is darling of you, really it is.”

He suddenly gripped her shoulder’s, “Let’s stand up. This will be much easier to do if we’re not sitting.” He stood swiftly before offering her his hand and pulling her up.

“I’m not quite sure how to go about this as a woman would, mind you, but I suppose you can come up with your own methods after experiencing a man’s way?” His glanced around them, as if searching for something in particular. He grinned then, before gripping her by wrist and pulling her gently behind him. Lafayette was silent as she held the skirts of her dress in her free hand. There was a quiet intensity to him in his concentration. She had never seen him this way before and her heart was pounding against her breast with excitement stirring in her gut.

He stopped as they approached a large looming tree. The trunk was wide and thick and slightly flaky, it’s leaves starting to color. He pulled her in front of him and gently pushed her up against it, her back firm on its surface. She gasped.

“Do forgive me if I get too vulgar and do not be afraid to stop me if I go too far, its been a long time since I’ve done this to win a woman’s affection. In fact, I-,” she placed a hand over his mouth, “You’re stalling.”

He grinned nervously, “I suppose I am… I’ll jump right into it then.”

Before she could comment he was suddenly pressed up against her, he chest pressing into her breast, one of his legs in-between thighs. She could literally feel all of him. The heat in the pit of stomach was spreading to all of her body. He leaned toward her as if to kiss her but then he leaned into her, his stubble pricking at her skin as he lips grazed her ears. In that moment, Lafayette was grateful for the tree behind her. She was sure that if it weren’t there, she would have fallen flat on her arse. Her heart was beating so loud she knew he could hear it.

The hands he had placed on her shoulders seemed to tighten, his lips brushed her earlobe as he mumbled deeply, slowly, “If you were mine, do you know what I would do to you? The pleasure I’d give you?”

Lafayette’s stomach knotted, “Oh, god…” It suddenly dawned on her that this wasn’t a good idea. She wasn’t mentally prepared for this at all.

“The kisses I’d rain on you would be infinite.” He mumbled. She sighed, his grip tightened. “Limitless. I’d love you like no man ever could.”

She shuddered so hard her teeth knocked. “Nicholas..-,” she started before groaning. He was so close she could feel him pressing against her lower belly.

Suddenly his lips grazed her cheek, and then her neck. She melted, tilting her head back, giving him more of her neck to kiss. He nipped at her neck, his hands trailing down her shoulders and heading for her hips. And then he was hugging her, his arms completely around her body, his hardness poking her.

“I…I think I…understand now.” She stuttered, nearly choking on her own saliva.

His lips moved back up her neck and played over her soft brown cheek. He kissed the corner of her mouth and the noise she made in her throat was that of a wild animal. “I’m not done demonstrating.” Before she could respond he was kissing her square on the mouth. His lips were warm, so warm sweat started to break out on her brow. He was hugging he so tight she couldn’t move away if she wanted to. Oh, but she was perfectly content right here, in his arms. His kiss started off gentle, sweet, teasing and suddenly nibbling at her lower lips, demanding entrance. His tongue soothing away the hard press of his teeth.

And then his tongue met her own and she was lost. She leaned into him, her hands against the wide span of his back.

Just as soon as it began he was pulling away, the look he was giving her so sexual she could have melted into a puddle on the grassy floor. The look on his face dissolved into shock and he stepped back so quickly she lost her footing. He grabbed for her, catching her as she went down. They landed on the ground tangled in each other. Lafayette’s hair was in total disarray, slightly covered in grass and tendrils falling from her neat chignon.  

Nicholas sat up, running a hand through his hair, “Are you alright?”

Lafayette laughed, she was feeling wonderful. Her senses renewed. She hadn’t expected that kind of reaction from him at all. He had kissed her! And with so much passion. To think that Nicholas had that in him.

“I’m great,” she giggled, unable to help herself. “You’re quite the kisser.”

He flushed, his face reddening at the mention of the kiss he had just given her. “I, um, I must apologize for that. I got rather, carried away.”

She grinned as he stood up and her pulled her up with him. “It was an interesting demonstration. I’m quite satisfied with it. I’ve learned a lot, you’ve been very helpful.”

He cleared his throat before taking a step back, “I must be going. I do believe it’s getting late.” He turned and stormed off, his footsteps rushing him away. She watched him go, slightly disappointed but too giddy to let his quick exit ruin it.