Chapter Twenty

I was double grounded.

Those were the exact words my dad had given to me. I was assuming it meant that I had double the time, but then again I wasn't entirely sure. He had taken my phone. (I wasn't even allowed to call the cops now) and he had confined me to my room at all times.

"You can only blame yourself." Aiden said as he did his homework at my desk. I was desperate for companionship.

I groaned. "I thought I would be gone for a couple of hours."

Aiden shrugged. "That's what you get for thinking. But hey, he'll keep you here for a couple days at the most, and then he'll forget all about it. You're about to leave the house for college. He'll play favorites. "

I smirked. I was about to leave the house. I couldn't wait to graduate and get out of this entire town. "Aww, you're gonna miss me so much when I leave."

Aiden actually laughed. "Right. Because a little peace and quiet won't be good around here." He said sarcastically.

I brushed him off. I knew he was going to miss me.

"So what's going on with you and Sin anyway?"

I raised a brow at his change of subject. Honestly I had been waiting for him to bring it up. He had seen me get out of Sins car. He wasn't dumb.

I sighed. "What? You disapprove?"

He shrugged going back to his work. "I just think you should be careful. "

I threw a pillow at him. "Eww, it's not like that. I'm not trying to date the guy. I just kind of like hanging with him. You know, I rode a motorcycle today."

Aiden slowly turned back to me. "By yourself?"

I chuckled. "Yeah right. But still, I felt like..."

I trailed off thinking about the ride. Sin hadn't been lying. He went fast, speeding through the streets. After a couple of minutes, I gained enough courage to open my eyes. It was a whole different experience.

"I felt like I was living."

Aiden scoffed. "Miss me with the teenage drama Rors. Like I said, be careful. I doubt I could take Sin."

I actually laughed. He wasn't wrong. "Chill, Aids ." He frowned at the nickname. "I'm not stupid. "

He didn't seem to believe me. He gathered his things before exiting my room.

When I was alone, I thought about the day. To no ones surprise, Sin had been right. I had fun. I still felt the goosebumps on my arm.

I had to break up with Ian.

The thought just popped into my head. I knew deep down that Hayden was wrong. There was never going to be any sparks between Ian and I. I needed to end things before he got attached. Before we made anything serious.

So you can hook up with Sin.

I didn't even attempt to argue with my inner conscious. It was true. I wanted to hook up with Sin. It didn't mean I was going to.

I placed my hands over my face groaning loudly. What the hell was really going on?

I shook my head, clearing my mind. I did not need to be stressing right now. Whatever happened would happen. Aiden was right though. I did need to be careful.

Because I'd be damned if I was going to catch feelings for Sin Westbrook.

***********************************

I woke up Wednesday morning to someone tapping my forehead.

I groaned, pushing their hands away before trying to get back comfortable.

"You think just because you got suspended you can relax?"

I froze. No way...

"Kody?!" I shouted pushing the cover away from me and immediately sitting up in bed. "Oh my gosh! Kody!"

He had a big grin on his face. His blonde hair had grew out a bit and he wore it messy under a bandana. He had on a Mason U sweater.

Damnit. I missed my brother.

I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck. I freaking missed him.

He yanked me out of the bed spinning me around. "I leave for two months and you're fighting Rors?" He mumbled, placing me on my feet.

I laughed. "Had to learn to stick up for myself eventually." I smacked him in the chest. "What are you doing here Kody?"

He tossed an arm over my shoulder, leading me out of my room. "A little thing called fall break. If you ever answered my calls you would have known about it. What's up with that anyways?"

I immediately felt guilty. I had been dodging him. His question reminded me of the reason I had been dodging his calls. Thank god I was grounded.

"I've been busy with school. I'm trying to get into a good college."

He smirked. "Or you could just go to MU with me. They have a good nurse program."

I put my hand in his face. "Not gonna happen."

He led me to the kitchen where my dad and Aiden were both sitting down.

"What is this an intervention?" I joked.

My dad gave me attitude. "I thought Aiden should have breakfast with his brother. I'll drop him off later. Kody should be able to keep your jailbird ass in the house today."

I felt Kody tighten his grip on me. "What do you mean?"

I pushed myself away from him, sending Aiden a pleading look. He was the only one who knew about Sin.

"Your sister's following in your footsteps. She snuck out yesterday."

Honestly, my dad was a snitch.

Kody frowned. "Oh. Where'd you go?"

I knew he was feigning calmness. But two could play this game.

"I went to talk to Hayden. She was going through something. You would think our dear old father would understand that."

My dad raised a brow. "Old?"

Kody laughed.

"How's she doing Rory?" Aiden piped up. "I know she was going through a lot."

I forced myself not to glare at him. Something was seriously wrong with this family. "She's fine Aiden. I'll let her know you were worried."

"Once you're no longer grounded."

I rolled my eyes. "I get it dad."

Aiden wasn't finished though. "It's a Sin for someone as nice as Hayden to have to go through such a hard time."

I stared at him. Okay, Aiden. Game on.

"What happened?" Kody asked finally getting sick of us talking around the subject.

"It's private." I quickly said before Aiden could say anything. "Aiden only knows because he was being a nosy little boy. She'd kill me if I told you, you know she has a crush on you."

Of course Kody's ego prevented him from asking any other questions.

This was going to be a long week.

******************************

Little bit of a filler but drama is around the corner. Thank you guys for the votes and thanks for the comments. Keep them coming. We hit 7,000 reads. Woo. Let's keep going.

Qotd: favorite Disney Movie

AOTD: Mulan . I love 'I'll make a man out of you'