Chapter 42: Christmas Angel

       I sat down beside Grant on the couch, handing him a mug of hot chocolate before kissing his cheek. He smiled brightly at me as he took a sip of his hot chocolate. I was still worried he wouldn't be too happy today but he was. He seemed genuinely happy.

       Even though I knew him very well, he still could be trying his best to hide how he was truly feeling and I might not notice it. I did tell him that he could tell me if he was really upset today but so far, he hasn't said anything.

       I really hoped he was actually happy, which was why he hasn't said anything.

       "So how do you feel about..." Grant began but I quickly cut him off.

       "No."

       "Come on, you don't even know what I was about to say," Grant said.

       "Well, considering my dad isn't at the house right now, I have a good idea," I said. "It's all you ask every time my dad isn't home."

       "I wasn't going to ask that this time, I swear," Grant said.

       "Then what were you going to ask?" I asked.

       Grant was silent for a bit as if he was trying to quickly think of an excuse because clearly, I was right. I wasn't surprised. Every single time my dad went out, Grant asked if we could go to the bedroom.

       I just ignored him.

       "Okay, so maybe I was going to ask that," Grant said. "Are you sure we can't? Your dad rarely leaves the house since his job is a teacher and it's currently winter break."

       "And he's going to be home soon so that's a definite no," I said.

       "So... Can we make out instead?" Grant asked.

       I ignored him and reached for the TV remote sitting on the coffee table. "How about we watch some cheesy Christmas movies?"

       "How about we make out?"

       I just didn't reply to him as I started looking for a movie to watch. Grant huffed and placed his hot chocolate mug on the coffee table before leaning back into the couch. 

       "Are you just going to be moody now?" I asked, still searching for a movie.

       "That depends," Grant said. "I won't be moody if you make out with me."

       "So that's a yes to being moody," I said.

       Grant scowled and grabbed one of the throw pillows and smacked my arm with it. I grabbed it from him and threw it at him but he was quick to block it. He then stuck his tongue out at me and moved on the other side of the couch so we weren't sitting beside each other anymore.

       "You know, I was going to ask you to scoot over so thank you for saving me that time," I said.

       "We're breaking up," Grant said as he stood up from the couch. "I'm know going to go sulk in our bedroom."

       "Wait, if we're breaking up then wouldn't it be awkward if we're sharing a room?" I asked.

       Grant glared at me before walking into our bedroom, closing the door behind him. I was about to go in there with him to get him to stop being melodramatic but the front door opened. Dad walked inside follow by two people I haven't seen in a long time; my grandparents.

       "Where's our grandson?" Grandpa asked so I got up from the couch and walked over to them, giving them both a hug.

       "Hi, Grandma and Grandpa," I said.