Intro

Q. What is this blog about?
A. All things female! From stressing about back to school with now having a period, how to cope with period related stress, how to find which products work best for you, and my personal favourite topic, sex! But this blog isn't just for females, though it is based around female puberty, female hygiene products, and female sex; i do personally recommend this book to anybody that wants to educate themselves on puberty, sex and periods.
Seeing as it's written by a female, advice from female doctors and some issues that only females deal with, it will be mostly directed towards women, but even if you're not a female, you're more than welcome to read and learn :)

Q. Why start a blog about the vag?
A. I feel like Wattpad is one of the biggest apps in many teenage girls' lives right now. Periods are also a very huge deal, especially if you have nobody to talk to about them. What's better than helpful advice from an anonymous writer on Wattpad about all things vag?? Absolutely nothing!
I also want to add that since we live in a society where periods and sexual health sometimes get thrown to the side and overlooked or it's just simply treated like a taboo subject, it sometimes might be hard to bring up. And when you're coming into your own and you've got all these new hormones and emotions, you sometimes don't want to talk to others about it. Or even if you do, you may not have anybody to talk to about it. So, I do think it's important to reach out in a different way. And I'm a 23 year old female that's dealt with all the crazy madness that surrounds being a crazy hormonal teen, in a society that deems it taboo, with nobody at all to talk to about it.
If I had this book as my guidance back then, it would've been a life saver.

Q. Why is vag health so important?
A. From the toxins you eat and the poisonous potions you drink, to the type of underwear you're chose and the pads/tampons you wear, it all plays a huge part in your vaginal health. Whether you feel it or not, see it or not, and sometimes even smell it (or not), the food you eat does effect your vagina. Specifically, the bad foods. Health insights about how to 'keep it clean' or even just simple tips to keep it healthy and simple do's and dont's never hurt anybody. I'm only here to help! : )

Q. Why do you care about vag health so much?
A. It's not that I'm obsessed with vag health like some weirdo, but I am concerned that young girls specifically along with many older women, they just do not know enough about their own body or it's functions. Some girls are too afraid or embarrassed to speak about their periods, let alone anything else. Women get shamed for speaking about their sexual encounters. And most schools don't even teach girls about simple things such as how to take care of their bodies when they start their periods, or how to maintain a healthy regime or how to keep tidy and clean. I feel like women of all ages could benefit from a little insight and education. When it comes to keeping your body healthy and your vag tidy, you can never have too many tips in my opinion. But this book is much more than 'how to keep it clean'. It's professional opinions and advice, it's common issues that aren't talked about a lot. It's taking something that's extremely natural that usually always gets chalked up to be taboo or brushed under the rug, and we're giving it a safe space full of really awesome, understand women that also tend to be super helpful to others.

Notes from Renee:
Hello, I am Renee and I am the one behind the idea of bringing a vag blog to my little page on Wattpad. I created it in hopes that it would help other women out with any struggles that they're having.
If anybody is having any specific issue that I've yet to speak about, then they can feel free to message me about it and I will do my best research and gather any valid helpful information, facts and experiences and publish it as quickly as possible.
This is in no way a professional blog and it definitely won't be written like one. It'll be laced with a bit of humor and maybe a touch of sarcasm, but I'll do my best to make it seem legit.

*This book/blog is a free, open and safe space for anybody to speak up about anything. Feel free, at any time, to chat amongst yourselves in the comments section. I love whenever I see someone comment with an issue that they've been having and so many other women just flood her with all this love and support and advice. That's what this is all about.
I truly wanted to make this book so young girls specifically, but all women included, could get free professional opinions and advice without having to pay for it, without having to sit through an uncomfortable or awkward session with their doctors or parents or anybody else that they're not yet comfortable enough with to be open about this stuff.
Periods and sex are a lot to handle, especially a young girl that's just finding her place in this world. We've all been there. So why not help all the girls after us, so they don't struggle the way that we did? Don't you remember?? I remember nobody telling me about sex or how to do it. I remember nobody showing me how to use tampons or pads. So I also remember this horrible day in seventh grade when i leaked all over the chair I was sitting in. When I say it covered the seat of the chair, I am not exaggerating at all. Thankfully I was wearing black pants. But unfortunately that was caused by lack of education on my part, I didn't know how to properly use a tampon.

So that's one of the many reasons this book needs to exist. And there's plenty more stories where that's from. Come, join our period tribe! We're a fun time!! :) ah, who am i kidding?? we're a bloody mess.

(hahaha! see what i did there? a bit of dry Irish humor. sorry. i tried, im not very funny though)
So don't stick around for my comedic strikes. instead, stick around for some fun learning. not all educational books are fun, but this one talks a lot about sex. which, personally, is my favorite subject :) enjoy! xx