Chapter 4: About that side job...

A/N: You all thought I forgot, didn't you? >:D 

There's a tiny bit of continuation from the last chapter, so sorry for the brief sadness. <3 

"So, who was that you were singing," Hizashi asked, his grin growing ever wider. Y/N turned her head to the side, her face flushed. "It's an American singer, called Pink, actually," she replied, looking down. "Oh, wow, powerful stuff. She must be pretty great," he commented, deciding to take a seat next to her on the ground. Y/N looked over at him, somewhat startled by his statement.

Y/N screamed internally, before replying, "Y-Yes, she's one of my favorites. I've been a fan of hers for a long time." Hizashi was silent for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. "Well, if you recommend her, I'll have to give her a shot," he exclaimed out of the blue, putting a thumbs up. She laughed a little at the mans enthusiasm.

"There it is," he said suddenly, confusing her. "There what is," Y/N asked, looking somewhat confused. "You smiled," he stated, smiling a little bit, "I didn't mean to intrude, but you looked really upset when you were playing. I saw you were crying a bit." Y/N shifted a little, suddenly uncomfortable.

"Y-Yeah, that song makes me remember something kind of personal. I can't not cry when I hear it or play it," she said after a moment of silence. She smiled wistfully, adding, "It hurts when you've lost someone close to you, and you hear exactly what it is you're feeling through a song." Hizashi hummed in agreement, nodding a little.

"So, was it someone like family, or," he trailed off, curious at what had the poor girl worked up. "He was my cousin. I'm an only child, but he was always around, but he was honestly more like my big brother," she explained, a painful expression crossing her features, "He passed away some time ago, but I very much regret not getting the chance to say goodbye to him. I get reminded of it, this time of year. It's hard not to be."

Hizashi moved to speak, but ­Y/N's phone started to go off. She looked down, her expression hardening. " I need to take this. Sorry," she mumbled, standing up and answering the call. After a few hums and nods from the girl, she suddenly said, "Got it. I'm on my way."

She ended the call and turned to Hizashi, an apologetic expression on her face. "I... I've gotta go. Duty calls- You know how it is," she said ruefully, and he nodded in response. "Yeah, totally! I'll see you around, Y/N," he said, enthusiasm lacing his voice. She smiled a little. "I'll see you later, Hizashi."

After she had exited the roof, Hizashi leaned back and sighed a little. He didn't know why he felt the way he did, but the way that Y/N sang sounded really familiar to him. Glancing over at his shoulder, he noticed something unusual, and he carefully picked it up. It was a (H/L), (F/C/H) hair. He looked at it, suddenly very confused. "Isn't this one of Songbird's hairs," he questioned for a moment, his eyes narrowing at the hair. "I gotta ask Nemuri some more questions about this.

Time skippy-do!

Y/N made it to a house, police cars parked outside. She had worn her hero costume, which consisted of a full body stealth suit that hugged her (B/T) body tightly. A hood covered her (F/C/H) locks, goggles covered her eyes, and a mask was covering her face from the nose down. A belt hung around her waist, containing a few gadgets here and there. Thankfully, her support was a literal genius, and made some things to go along with the job.

Her (2F/C/E) eyes burned with irritation. 'I finally get to talk to Hizashi a little, and I spill my guts about something so depressing,' she thought to herself, furrowing her eyebrows. 'I bet he thinks I'm super weird, now.' She halted her thoughts as she got closer. Now was definitely not the time to think about her boy troubles, if one could even call them that.