42

[Chapter forty-two]

-Nevaeh-

"Pebble?"

"Yeah, Carter?"

"Do you want kids?" I ask from my position on his chest,

"With you?" He hums. "Sure."

I roll my eyes, smiling lightly. "In general."

He thinks for a moment before replying. "Of course. Two baby girls. One with your eyes and one with your dimples."

"Stop it. I don't like soft Noah." I joke, grinning.

"You love soft Noah." He grins, moving his hand from my back to my shoulders and hugging me.

I smile up at him. "And what would you name your two baby girls?"

"Windora and Octavia." He says immediately. "Windora would be called Winnie for short."

I sit up and stare down at him. "As in...?"

He sits up too, smiling softly. "Yeah, Carter, as in your sisters."

I wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly. "You'd be an amazing father."

He hugs my waist tightly. "I'd be a better father than mine was."

I swallow before pulling away.

"Noah...you never really told me what happened with your father." I admit, making him sigh. "Obviously you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, you should know." He says. "It's kind of a three-in-one. You're going to find out what happened to my brother and why Max, Dylan and I went to juvie."

He hasn't mentioned his brother since that night in the cemetery.

"Noah," I run my hand through his hair. "You don't have to tell me."

"Sit down and get comfortable because this is a long story." He tells me.

-Noah-

(Flashback)

"King, where the hell are Anthony, Max and Dylan?" My football coach yells, walking up to me while the rest of the team finishes warm up.

I shrug. "Don't know, Coach."

Coach grumbles incoherently as he walks away.

I walk over to my bag and pull out my phone before calling Anthony.

No answer.

I then call Max.

No answer.

I call Dylan.

No answer.

What the hell?

I bite my lip nervously, a bad feeling instantly settling in my stomach.

They always answer.

All of a sudden, Max rushes onto the field and starts dragging me away.

"Max, what the hell?!" I shout as he pulls me through the school and to the parking lot. "Max, stop!"

I pull my arm out of his grasp, making him turn around.

My face drops when I see his bloodshot eyes and the tears streaming down his face.

"Anthony," He starts, his voice wobbly. "He-He was shot."

My eyes widen and it feels like everything is crumbling down around me.