18

I laid on the floor, coloring pictures alongside Percy and Kaldur.

Honestly this isn't much different than from they were originally this age.

Except for the fact that now I get to deal with seeing Sally and Paul's dead bodies everytime I'm not doing something.

If I had went by earlier...

Sighing, I sat up putting the crayons back in the box.

"Uncle Orin?" Kaldur looked up at me before moving to sit on my lap. "What is wrong?"

I wrapped my arms around the five year old.

They've aged about two years in two days. So we're hoping that they'll stop at their correct age.

"Nothing Kaldur. How about you-" I broke off as Percy forced her way into the hug, wrapping a small arm around me.

"You're okay." She mumbled. "You're okay."

I love these two so much.

"Do you know where Canary put the bath soap?" Clark walked in, carrying Connor by the back of his shirt.

How he isn't choking is beyond me.

"No idea. And can you carry him like he's-"

"Give him here Clark." Bruce walked in and took the boy in his other arm. "Honestly, do you even know how to hold a child?"

I had to suppress my laughter at seeing Bruce in something other than his Batsuit and holding two kids.

Percy moved her arm, now just snuggled against my chest. Kaldur is in a similar position.

"Wally I swear, get back here!"

Two blurs sped by, wind blowing the coloring books shut...and across the room.

"Where did Artemis go?!"

"I thought you were watching her!"

"M'gann?! Get down from there and stop stealing all the cookies!"

"I'm going to share!"

Bruce sighed. "Apparently the two of us are the only two capable of raising children."

"To be honest, they are not the first people I would trust to do this." I responded with a small smile on my face.

Percy yawned, causing Kaldur to wrap an arm around her and pull her to him.

"Tired?" I questioned, running my fingers through her hair.

She mumbled something, nodding.

"Take a nap okay?" I dropped my arms. The two of them got up and walked over to the blanket fort they convinced us to build.

Crawling inside, they disappeared from our sight.

Percy

I laid down and Kaldur sat down beside me.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

I nodded. "I wanna sleep."

"But you already had a nightmare." He lightly patted my arm. Then he lit up with a smile. "I will protect you."

"How can you do that if it's in my dream?"

"I do not know but I will." He laid down beside me

I wrapped an arm around him, pulling him close to me.

"Why do you have to be taller than me?" He asked, returning the hug.

"Because I'm older duh." I laughed before closing my eyes.

I woke up when I felt someone pick me up.

"Percy and Kaldur are right here." Uncle Orin sat me on his lap.

"Then where are the rest of them? Clark?" Diana questioned.

"Can't see through the walls, somebody thought it would be a good idea to put some lead in here."

I shifted, resting my head on his shoulder. I don't like these people.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled, gently rubbing my back.

I had grabbed his shirt, fingers turning white.

"I don't like them..."

He sighed, pressing a kiss to my head. "You're fine."

I just pressed my face into his chest.

He always smells like the beach and it makes me feel safe.

"I'm going to go look, I'll get murdered if something happens to Artemis."

Orin ran his fingers through my hair. "I think I'm going to go put these two to bed."

"No..." I whined softly.

"Yes..." He drew out. Then he reached into the fort pulling Kaldur out.

He didn't wake up even as we were carried into the bedroom.

Sitting us on the bed, Orin opened a drawer and pulled out two shirts.

"Arms up."

I did and he pulled my shirt up off of me. Then he put one of the shirts on me.

Orin changed Kaldur's shirt, moving the two of us so he could cover us up.

"Get some sleep. I need to-"

"WHERE ARE THEY!!!???"

Kaldur shot awake at the loud yelling.

"Be quiet! I'm trying to get these two to bed! It's past their bed time!" Orin yelled back, before sighing.

Then he leaned over and kissed Kaldur's forehead. "Go back to sleep."

"Hey!"

Orin laughed, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I didn't forget about you."

"Can you sleep with us?" Kaldur asked.

"I should go help the others." He stood up, gently tucking the blanket around us.

We didn't speak as he left the room, turning out the light on his way out.

"You do not want to sleep do you?"

I shook my head, knowing he could feel the movement.

I have so many nightmares. Everytime I close my eyes, I see monsters. Or worse, Smelly Gabe.

"Uncle Orin will not let anyone hurt you." He gently patted my arm

"He's not always there." I mumbled. "You know how things turn out then."

Kaldur grabbed my hand. "I want to protect you. And I know I'm not strong, but I'm going to get stronger."

"Kaldur..."

"I want to protect you because that's what friends do. What family does."

Okay, I know this isn't exactly what you wanted but

I've been sick and feeling like crap

And I need to go to bed now

See yah