11. Aftermath

We all took a few days off after Sokovia. Dad and I stayed in the new Avengers Facility with Wanda while the rest of the group went to their homes. It was weird not having everyone around all of the sudden, but at the same time it was relaxing. 

The first time we had dinner with the three of us was a new experience. It had always been dad and I with sometimes Pepper who joined us, but having another teenager was incredibly exciting for me. I didn't have any friends of the same age anymore, maybe she and I could become friends. 

" You like your room?" dad asked her while putting some more pasta on his plate.

 " Yes, it's very nice." she said. " A little plain though, it could use some color." she mentioned.

 " We could go out and buy some decoration together, if you want." I said. 

" That would be nice." she smiled. It was weird to see her smile, I hadn't really seen her happy since I met her. 

" Tomorrow morning, 9 am at the door. Be there or be square." I told her fake serious wich made her smile again.

The next morning, just like planned we walked out at 9 am. Happy drove us to some decorating store and waited for us outside. Dad advised us to go in cognito so we put on hats and sunglasses, no one really knew who we were though. 

We made our way to the decorations and started browsing. We bought: A globe, cool lamps, cute bedding, pillows and the best item of all, a guitar. We bought it in another store when we were done at the first one. After we were done in the music store Happy drove us back to the facility. We immediately started decorating to make sure her room was done by dinner. 

We were sitting on her bed admiring our work. " We're really good at this." I said looking around. 

" We're a good team." she said in her heavy accent. Sometimes I forgot she had one, she was really good at adapting it to an American one. 

" Pietro would have loved this." she smiled to herself. The mention of him made us both a bit quieter, we hadn't really talked about it after the fight. 

" He would be happy to know you have a new home." I told her. 

" You think they will accept me? The Avengers?" she asked me. I noticed a slight hint of worry in her voice.

" It will take some time, for some more than others." I told her honestly " But they will." I smiled.

 We had been laying on her bed talking about how living in Sokovia was when she said " You and Pietro, would have been something amazing." We were both staring at her ceiling. 

" Yeah." I said soft "It would have." 

 " He really liked you you know. He couldn't shut up about you when we were alone." she smiled. It made me smile as well. Nothing like that had ever happened to me. 

 " He called it 'lyubov' s pervogo vzglyada'(любовь с первого взгляда)" she said while counting the stars we had put on her ceiling.

" What does that mean?" I asked her. 

" Love at first sight." she smiled. 

It made me wonder, was it love at first sight for me as well? I mean, I thought he was really handsome when I first saw him and I couldn't stop thinking about him. " From the first time I saw him, and that was when he tackled me" I said " I knew there was something special about him."

Our talk got interrupted by dad yelling through the hall that dinner was ready. So we left it at that and went for dinner. 

The next three days we had the facility to ourselves. We bonded some more. We watched movies, painted, played some music. But the night before the rest of the Avengers would come back she brought up something I had tried to push away. 

We were watching tv in my room when she paused the episode of Friends we were watching and turned to me. I gave her a 'what the hell Joey was about to say something funny' face but she ignored it. " I need to ask you something." She said. 

" Ask away." I told her, we had been asking questions for three days straight now. 

" When I used my powers on you." she started, which made me tense up a bit " What did you see exactly?"

" Didn't you tell me you could see it as well?" I asked confused. 

" I did with all the others but, it's like your powers blocked me out." She explained. That was weird.

 " First time I saw how I got my powers followed by a dark throne room. The Avengers were laying dead in a pile. There was this big purple man who told me there was nothing I could have done." I stareted to explain. " The second time it was the same throne room but only my dad was laying on the ground. The purple man said he killed him because I wasn't prepared."  She was thinking very hard, like she was looking for an explanation for it. 

" Maybe our powers cancel each other out or something like that." I told her " They come from the same stone after all." 

" Probably." she said still thinking. 

" Can you put Friends back on now, please?" I asked her which got her back to reality. 

" Oh yeah of course." she said and pressed play. The rest of the night we watched a bunch of Friends episodes.

The next morning everyone gathered in the meeting room. Steve, Sam, dad, Nat, Rhodey, Wanda and I were all sitting around a big table. We obviously had some things to go over. 

" First thing we need to do is figure out where Banner is." Nat was the first to speak. 

" How are we gonna do that?" Steve asked. " He can be anywhere in the world." 

" We contact every news outlet to ask if they have had sightings." Dad gave as a solution. 

" We can't just hang up posters with 'have you seen our hulk?' it will freak people out." I interfered " We need to use face recognition."

" I'll have those running once we're done here. Next point on the agenda, Rumlow has been sighted doing some illegal activity. Once our radars pick up on him we need to bring him in." Steve told us. We all nodded. Rumlow was someone I really would like to punch in the face after what he had done to SHIELD.

" Sam where were you on tracking down Bucky?" Steve asked. 

" I know what continent he was on so I could really use a partner to track him down again." 

" I can do that." I offered my help. After Steve told me all those stories about him I had always wanted to help find him. He was really important to Steve. And it meant I didn't have to go on all those scouting missions to find Rumlow. Which meant more sleep for me. 

" We leave tomorrow." Sam said " Make sure you look as ordinary as possible, so none of that merch you always wear." I gave him an offended look, my merch was awesome. He was just jealous I didn't have a Falcon t-shirt. 

" Fine." I told him. 

This was gonna be quite an adventure, I just knew it.