t w o

River rubbed her eyes tiredly as she looked over the documents for Hayze

River rubbed her eyes tiredly as she looked over the documents for Hayze. The words began to blur together and the pen between her slim fingers began to slip.

All she wanted was her bed.

She didn't look up when the sound of the door opening and closing filled the room.

"Hey bella rosa," Hayze sighed as he walked over and pressed a kiss to her head.

She looked up tiredly at him and smiled softly before looking back down at the documents.

"How far have you gotten?" He asked softly as he stroked her hair unconciously.

She blushed and shook her head. "Not very far."

"Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah. Twelve hours worth. I went to sleep at seven remember."

He chuckled and pulled out a chair next to her. "Right. Sorry, i forgot. Did you take your vitamins this morning?"

"I forgot," she grumbled before dropping her head onto the table. "Sorry i didn't get much work done. I'm so tired."

"Its fine. I can finish the rest. You should go to bed."

"But I wanna stay with you in here," she whined.

"But you're exhausted," he countered.

"But... I-"

"You don't have anything to say, so go to bed."

"You're not my dad," she hissed.

"No," he smirked. "But I'm your husband. And I can be your daddy too," he said as he gripped her backside with a smug smile.

"Hayze," she gasped and blushed into her hands. "Can you not?"

"Can I not what?" he laughed and shook his head when she didn't answer. "That's what I thought. Now go to bed."

"Fine, okayyy," she groaned before starting to walk away. She knew that she had the choice to stay up with him, and he knew that too. She knew it was him just wanting to protect her and make sure she felt good.

"Okay what?" he smirked, catching her by the back of her shirt and she squealed as he pulled her back.

"I'm not saying that," she hissed, smacking his hand away and he just chuckled in response and pulled her into his lap, placing his mouth near the tip of her ear.

"I think you will," he whispered quietly into her ear. "Come on, you can do it," he teased playfully and she felt a shiver run through her as he caressed her soft skin and kissed the back of her ear.

She crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head. "I will no-" she paused to yawn and he laughed quietly. 

"Come on, so you can go to bed, pretty girl. Okay what?" he asked softly, enjoying teasing her.

"Okay, Hay-" he placed his hand over her mouth and shushed her. She narrowed her eyes and licked his hand but he didn't move his hand.

"You know that doesn't affect me anymore, right?" he laughed. "If anything, its affected you because now you've licked my germs."

She huffed and scrambled out of his lap, trying to hide away the smile threatening to break out on her face. He made her so happy - she adored him.

She put on her best angry face at him and he smiled cheekily at her as he sank back in his chair and watched her with a raised brow as if challenging her. She stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed quietly. 

"Una ragazza così stupida," he commented as he continued to admire her from his slumped position in his office chair.

(Such a silly girl)

She gaped at him and swatted his thigh. "Did you just call me stupid?" she exclaimed, a pout forming on her face and he smiled brightly and shook his head before pushing himself up out of his chair and grabbing her jaw with his large hand so her cheeks were squished together and tilted her head up, kissing her soft lips delicately.

"No, bella rosa. I called you a silly girl," he chuckled and she looked up at him with her honey-green eyes and felt a smile form on her face. "My silly girl," he said before kissing her deeply. When he pulled back, he turned her around and swatted her butt. "Now go to bed, you're tired. Thank you for the help."

She loved him - so much.