twenty three | 23

A/N - 1: His smile is so precious. Protect him.

A/N - 2: I mean, if you haven't realised it yet from the gif, H is back. Back again....okay, I'll stop.

A/N - 3: And, another long one...soz...but hey, it's super important. You know, I'm gonna stop saying that, bc it's just gonna keep going that way from now on. Let's do this. Enjoy!

wor·ry

Céline.

Three weeks. It's been three whole weeks since I've seen Harry.

Three weeks with no scent of cigarette smoke, musky vanilla, or bold coffee. Three weeks with no warmth of his presence beside me; and even through the heat that's been dwindling down, his own creates a spark of fire within me. Three weeks with no sight of the man with chocolate brown hair, dazzling green eyes, and swirls of permanent ink drawn on his body. Three weeks with no Harry; the man who owns my heart.

I have no idea where he's been — or if he's still alive. The first week, I'd come on a Saturday, but he was a no show. So I decided to show up on Sunday just to see if our 'times' didn't match up; but again, nothing. The second week, I made my way here the entire weekend; and each time, I felt incomplete. My heart even broke a tad more than I thought it would.

It was now week three and night two of the weekend — Saturday. The hope I had that he was going to come back, was very slim; but it wasn't lost yet. There was a small feeling deep down inside that told me he would come back home.

My fingers twiddled with the fine-tip black pen that was held between them. Sharp lines and intricate details were sketched down on the pad of paper that I always carry in my bag. I'd drawn out the skyline for the very first time ever since I came here. Each night, I only sat waiting in my own complete silence; but tonight, I wanted anything to occupy my time. My mind needed to be filled and focused on something that would remove my thoughts which always drifted towards Harry. Clearly, that failed. Nothing could replace the spot I had for him in my heart and my mind. He was irreplaceable. He was special. Like me, he too, was unique. As many times as he's said that about me, was also about him — probably even more.

Everything about him is unique. The way things are processed in his brain, to the way he just stares at the sky as if it's a black whole; and to the mystery of a life he's lived — and how he acts based from it. His mind astounds me to a point where I truly believe that there was no other man on the planet like him. It's almost as if he's entered my life to challenge me with my own thoughts and beliefs. In a way, that was mutual.

A deep breath escaped my lips as I let the tip of my pen hit the rough surface of the sketch paper — for the hundredth time tonight. Several lines crossed one another, just as one another's paths do in real life. Lines that were curved, just as there are obstacles in real life. Lines that weren't perfect, just as how our lives are. And then, there were the lines that didn't meet, just as we stroll past strangers in the streets.

I bit my bottom lip and my brows furrowed slightly, as I focused onto the intricate imperfections the Corinthian columns on the Union Station. The imperfections that happened over the time, from weathering and deterioration. It was quite a distance away; but it wasn't as far as I felt between the Englishman I care for and myself.

The sound of footsteps were suddenly heard from behind me, causing me to flinch in my spot. Panic arose within me for a moment — until I recognised the familiar tone and pattern from the boots that tapped against the pavement. His warm scent filled my nostrils as my whole body relaxed as his presence neared me. Harry's body softly brushed mine as he sat down, that was when I felt like everything was truly okay. It was as if he did so, silently assuring me of that pure truth.