Chapter 3

TW: Mentions of violence and bullying.

"We're been friends for so many years, but you can't even come up to the classroom with me

"We're been friends for so many years, but you can't even come up to the classroom with me." Minhyuk deadpanned, voice filled with disbelief. 

The group began making excuses about how they were tired and that he really didn't need those notebooks, but Haeun decided to offer herself.

"I'll go with you." She said, stepping forward. 

"Thank you, you're the only reasonable one here." Minhyuk sent her a small smile and the two entered the school building.

As they walked, the two shared a conversation about their school day, talking up until they reached the classroom. There, Minhyuk opened his locker and began putting away and grabbing some stuff that he needed.

Feeling a bit bored, Haeun looked out the window.

Their classroom had been tucked into the far edge of the school building, on the third floor. Looking down, there was a small alley at the back of the perimeter between the structure itself and the huge wall surrounding the campus. It was a bit gross: a couple of giant dumpsters overflowing with trash being the only thing there. Or was it.

Haeun squirmed her eyes, noticing movement at the far end of the alleyway, right where it was cut off by a short fence. With ease she spotted 4 figures there, all of them more than familiar.

"Hey, Minhyuk?" She called to him cautiously.

The boy zipped up his backpack, turning towards her. "What?"

"Isn't that..." Haeun exclaimed, her voice becoming more panicked. Minhyuk walked up to her, eyes focusing on where she was pointing.

"What the hell..." He muttered confused, but his face soon turned into rage. "Kang Seulbi."

And without another word, he set off running.

Haeun followed him, both running out of the school building frantically to the confusion of their friend group. In a matter of a minute, they were already behind the school building, the nasty scene in front of them.

Dahyun was on the ground, surrounded by shredded papers, books, trash and some of her personal belongings. She was an absolute mess: hair rough and entangled, red eyes, tear-stained cheeks, bruised up arms. It was heartbreaking. And over her stood the three dolled up girls, all laughing maliciously.

"HEY!" Minhyuk yelled out angrily, making the perpetrators aware of their arrival.

Haeun wasted no time running over, crouching beside Dahyun who was sobbing and choking on her own tears.

"Hush, don't cry baby. We're here now, okay? You're alright." She cooed, arms gently encircling the weeping girl.

And then suddenly, as Haeun sat there and comforted Dahyun as best as she could, they heard a loud smacking sound.