03. the sound

okay there's no explicit stuff in this so enjoy
————————————————————————
Kat got there late and it drove Matty crazy. He found himself looking for her through the curtains, sending people out to look for her but they all came back with nothing. Once he got on stage he accepted that she hadn't come and that he needed to let it go.

He sang the first song, settle down, with such passion. His body flailed all over the stage, thrusting into the air as much as possible. His frustration took over him and suddenly the words took a whole knew meaning. It was like he was talking to himself, telling himself to settle down around her because this was going way too far.

From the first song, they went straight into the second. Maybe she's in traffic? Maybe she's just running late or thought it was another night? All possible. He started singing the words to talk, refusing to look at the crowd now. The floor was so much safer than out there, the crowd had just betrayed him so he refused to look at him.

"Matty!" He heard George shout from the drums as the song ended and it all went dark. Matty looked at him to see that he was pointing to the crowd. "At the back!" He yelled, Matty didn't understand but the next song had already started so he brushed off the comment.

"Hey how many songs have they played?" Kat asked as she got to the crowd. The girl next to her refused to look away from the band.

"Two" she answered.

"See! We're not even that late, calm your tits I'll get some drinks." Her friend, sammy, patted her on the shoulder and disappeared.

Matty walked to the side of the stage to give one of their crew his guitar. The lights were still low so he went over to George while he still had a second.

"What did you say?" He asked, taking out his earpiece. George took his out so he could hear him.

"She's out there, I saw her walk in." He said back to him, Matty's heart dropped and fell into his stomach. With his ear piece back in his ear, he suddenly became extremely nervous.

Tammy came back with two drinks for them. Kat thanked her and turned towards the stage, she didn't know what to expect from it. The music started playing and she was surprised.

"This is our new song." Matty's voice said into the darkness.

"Which one are you fucking?" Tammy shouted over the noise, Kat hit her on the arm as they earned a few looks from the crowd.

"The lead singer." She said eventually and Tammy screamed. They started to dance along to the song.

"Yeah, I can see that. Looks like he can give you a good time." She approved. Kat giggled to herself and tried to get a good look at him.

It didn't take them long to learn the chorus of the song, it was slightly repetitive but still good. Matty seemed to be having a whale of a time on stage as he danced and leapt around. Kat had never been more attracted to him as he threw himself across stage and constantly touched his hair.

He caught glimpses of her throughout the show. He saw her jumping and laughing. It shocked him how he could single her out in a whole crowd that was trying to get his attention. Just for her, he whipped his hair a lot and tried a bit too hard.

They finished with chocolate, one of Matty's favourites. When he was writing it, he was high and happy as he should be. Singing the words, he wanted to get high with Kat.