Grocery Shopping

Lena wasn't a big fan of shopping. Small aisles, lots of people, and sometimes it was further complicated by an over enthusiastic superhero with a sugar addiction.

     "Put that package of gummy bears back on the shelf now, or so help me Kara Luthor-Danvers, I will never take you shopping with me again," Lena leveled a stern glare at her wife who was sneakily trying to place a large bag of gummy bears in their shopping cart. Kara stopped moving and looked up at Lena with wide eyes.

     "How did you know? You weren't even looking at me!" Kara's lip poked out in a pout,

     "Nope, put that thing back where it came from," Lena closed her eyes, "it won't work this time. And put the candy back! You just had a bag yesterday." Lena sidestepped Kara and gently plucked the bag of gummy bears from the sulking blonde's hand and placed them back on the shelf. With a playful roll of her eyes, Lena gave Kara a quick kiss on the cheek making her perk up immediately. "Healthy food first, and then maybe we can discuss coming back for the gummy bears."

     Kara's eyes narrowed, "Why do we always have to get the healthy food first? Can't we just skip all of that and go get the ice cream and garlic bread? You know, the yummy stuff!"

     "Because I have the cart," Lena smirked and began pushing the cart further through the aisle, "now let's go grab some kale chips."

     "Nope, not happening!" Lena looked over her shoulder to glare at Kara's outburst, but then there were arms around her waist lifting her up and she let out a squeak of surprise.

     "Kara! What are you doing?" Lena threw her arms around her middles, grasping at Kara's arms that were gripping her, "Put me down!"

     "Nope," Kara turned around and started carrying Lena down to the other end of the aisle, "you are hereby revoked of your privilege of cart pushing." Lena couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation.

     A woman pushing a cart with her children passed by the two, giving them a warm smile.

     "I don't know this woman," Lena whispered to her.

     Kara yelled over her shoulder after her, "This is my wife and I love her!"

     Lena threw her head back in a full belly laugh catching a glimpse of Kara's face that was lit up in a goofy smile. Okay, so shopping may be easier without Kara, but it wasn't nearly as fun.

     "Kara, honey?"

     "Yeah?"

     "You left the cart at the other end of the aisle."

     "Oh shoot!"