Chapter 8: Misconceptions of a King

Art above on my scribble book by - le me, S-a.

_______________________________  

Pain was all that you sensed. Fatigueness washed over your body, like a heavy boulder chained to your limbs, restraining you from moving. You felt your senses waking up, slowly yet persuasively, you endured with troubles to open your eyes. You couldn't acknowledge your surroundings, but your back felt a soft duvet as if you were enveloped with warm blankets. Following by, you heard two people speaking right next to you:

"Alright, nice and clean - her wounds can heal up now..."

"That's a lot of bandages, doc!"

You sat bolt upright in bed; the two strangers jumped in shock from your sudden movements. Your newly dressed clothes, wet from perspiration, clung to your skin as you tried to register where you are and what happened. It was that moment between dreaming and waking when a person desperately searches the crevices of their memory for their current whereabouts. You indeed laid on a bed, looking like a snowdrift, so white and feathery and high was it. Eyes running around worriedly, you were met with a Hathy and a Rudin, quivering in the corner of the room.

"Oh Holy Knight, she's resurrected!"

"Please don't attack us, o Grand-Lighter..."

Confusingly, you tried to mumble with your dry lips: "W-where am I? What happened?

"Y-You're in Card Castle, Miss Grand-Lightner."

"You've been severely injured, but luckily the King showed his act of Mercy and brought you to us before it was too late."

"The...King?" - Your throat felt sore and your sleep-addled brain dug deep into the fog that was retreating your jumbled thoughts to become clearer. You observed your environment, seeing that you were in a most normal Bed Room: though colored darkly just like Card Castle, it was still cozy and notably comfortable.

"Doc, we need to inform the King about her awakening," - whispered Ruddin to his fellow darkner, that you guess was the doctor responsible for your stitches and bandages. "You're right. Miss Lighter? We'll be taking our leave to inform his majesty about your wellbeing. Thank goodness you're alright!"

"Um, thank you." - with polite requests of you staying here, you were fascinated by the darkeners' pacific act of aiding you. Attentively excusing themselves, Ruddin and Hathy left your room, letting you contemplate in silence.

You looked at your hands. Your entire body was wrapped with clean white bandages and stitches around your stomach.

Memories began pouring in your head once the sleepiness emptied you. Your act of imprudent boldness caused you to affiliate with a psychopathic clown who almost murdered you and the younger children. Now, who knows in whose hands you were - the King?

"What have I done..." - Your eyes collected and bore tragically every wrongdoing that had been poured upon you, your lips trembling. Because of you, Susie, Kris, And Ralsei are nowhere to be found. You let a criminal Jester run loose, while almost ending your own life... And Jevil's, but for what?

*Because you swore not to RESET again.

Suddenly, the door of the bedroom flew wide open, taking you by sheer surprise: "MISS (Y/N)!"

A small round being jumped at you on the bed, their smaller hands bundled around your clothes while they buried their head against your stomach: "Agh! L-Lancer?"

"I..I-I thought you'll never wake up, I was so worried! Please don't die, please, please don't!" The little spade wept and whined in your arms as if he'll never see you again. Lancer's smaller form curled up into your bed, melting into your hug. He mumbled incoherent cries, but enough to make your heart ace with torment.