Chapter twenty two- Thank you

So I wrote this chapter ravaging a malted drink and some crackers.

My brain needed a release from all the tension 💆

Chapter twenty two already but I'm having this titsy feeling that this book is really just beginning 🙃🙃

To all those reading, voting and commenting.. You still take my breath away and I love you all.

This probably isn't the best chapter, not much drama but hey, it's needed so..

Enjoy:::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was just standing up from bed when a call comes into my phone.

Surprisingly it's Dylan again.

I know he said he'll tell me something today but this early?, it's five thirty in the morning.

Sweeping my cover to the sides and checking if Louie is still asleep are the last things I do before answering the dial.

" Isn't it like three AM over there?" My voice groggy and dry.

That's the effect of a good sleep.

" Yeah yeah I know, but I couldn't sleep "

Now that has honestly got me worried. The only time Dylan ever had a difficulty with sleeping was when his Dad was diagnosed with diabetes.

It took a while to make him understand that diabetes and cancer are two different diseases entirely.

" What's up? Sleepless nights are not in favors for you "

" Remember when I said that I wanted to tell you something?" His voice sounds unsure like he's having a change of mind about saying it.

" Sure I do, just say it. I don't bite and you know that " My response elicits a chuckle from him.

" Of course I know that. But first have you heard from Meredith?"

He's switching topics? Something is wrong here.

" Sure, we spoke just yesterday. Kinda a funny story "

" Really? About what then?"

" I went for an event. Real expensive and classy but guess who the host was"

" Uhmm... Meredith?"

I laughed at his horrible guess but immediately slap my hand to my mouth to avoid waking Louie.

" Ha ha... Laugh all you want "

" I'm sorry but your guess was crazy "

" Tell me who then. The suspense is killing me!" Dylan had always been one to pay interest in stories.

" It was her Dad. In fact it was her whole family "

" You're joking "

" I'm not, that's why I said it was a funny discussion. I was telling her about the event and describing the hosts to her, The Reid family and all and she was like I think you just described my dad"

" Whoa!"

" Whoa indeed, I was shocked myself "

" How's she doing now? I know this news isn't the best to her " Concern now lacing his speech.

" She wasn't okay then but when I got her to talk about her new guy she became all mushy " I chuckled as I remembered her change of tone.

" She's got another guy? What if this one doesn't like pandas too?" He asked buy the humor in his voice couldn't stay hidden.