Chapter 9: The Vytal Festival

"Everything is coming along nicely. The entirety of England is already mine, and it's all thanks to the power of the Mask and JoJo's disappearance." Dio Brando monologued to himself as he sat in the darkness of his castle. His white teeth shone through the dark when he smirked.

"After I, Dio, turn all the humans on this wretched island into zombies, then the rest of Europe is next." Dio stood and walked to the balcony where Jonathan was last seen.

"I know not where you went, Jonathan, but wherever you are, I hope you know your comrades never stood a chance after you disappeared."

"Besides that one with the tall hat and blonde hair. How he managed to get escape here still eludes me." Dio thought to himself.

The vampire rested his hand on the balcony, "No matter, my zombies will find wherever he's hiding."

"This is shaping up to be a fantastic match! Team RWBY is proving to be too much to handle for their opponents." Professor Port laughed into the microphone in front of him.

"Indeed! Their teamwork is extraordinarily spectacular!" Doctor Oobleck agreed from his place besides Port.

The two professors had been appointed as the announcers for the Vytal Festival tournament, and they were currently spectating the battle between team RWBY and team ABRN of Haven Academy. The fight had been neck-and-neck for nearly ten minutes, but everyone watching could tell that team RWBY had slowly been pulling ahead.

Each member of the teams was having their own one-on-one fights around the map. Ruby and Weiss were fighting Nadir and Bolin while Blake dueled Reese and Yang brawled with Arslan. Yang and Arslan went head-to-head, comparing raw strength with both of their hand-to-hand fighting styles. They each grinned as they traded blows, shaking the ground around them with each powerful impact.

"Yeah, Yang! Punch her HARDER!" Nora cheered from the stadium. She and the rest of team JNPR sat with Jonathan in the stands to cheer their friends on.

"Fight valiantly!" Ren called.

"Ruby, tighten your stance! You're too wide open!" Pyrrha shouted.

"You're doing excellent, you four!" Jonathan grinned at the fight.

"It's been a few months since Torchwick and the White Fang put Grimm in the city, and they've been training hard to be prepared for whatever comes next. That training is paying off in this fight." JoJo thought to himself.

Ever since the fight began, Nora had been letting loose with shouting out profanities and insults that made Jonathan's lip curl. While he adored the hammer-wielder, he didn't approve of her methods for cheering on her friends.

Back on the fighting stage, Ruby and Weiss were fighting a single opponent. Ruby had tried to attack Bolin, but her scythe was blocked by his staff. Ruby grit her teeth and pulled the trigger of her weapon. The recoil blasted her back and allowed her and Weiss to get some breathing room. The girls and Bolin glared at each other from across the arena, then the Haven student charged them. Weiss tried to hit him with ice spikes, but he effortlessly dodged it and continued to run for Ruby. Ruby went into a defensive stance and prepared for the oncoming attack, but the dark-haired boy completely avoided her!

Bolin hit some red crystals protruding from the ground and smirked as he caught the crystal. He tossed it to his teammate, Reese, who then winked at Blake and slammed the Dust into her hover-skate board. Reese rode over to her incapacitated teammate who had his feet frozen to the ground, courtesy of Weiss, then hovered over his legs with her board, melting the ice.