Day 5: Uraraka's Confession

December 5th

Now being faced with Uraraka, Midoriya didn't know how to feel.

Today was yet another day where Midoriya was so inattentive and speechless that his friends became increasingly worried.

This time, Uraraka asked Midoriya if he wanted to walk with her to go get her gloves from the lost-and-found bin. He picked up on this. These were the sort of things he'd ask Todoroki if he wanted to talk to him separately. He knew his own tricks like the back of his hand, and apparently, Uraraka did too.

Midoriya reluctantly obliged to go with her. He was expecting her to nag him, but instead, she remained silent.

"Is something the matter?" Midoriya piped up.

With a heavy rise and fall of her chest, Uraraka met eyes with Midoriya. Unlike Todoroki's eyes, Midoriya could actually read hers. In this case, her amber eyes were clouded with worry. "It's just.. a lot of things. I'm worried about you, I'm worried about Bakugou.. I'm going through a hard time with personal issues. I need to calm down."

This was news to Midoriya. Since when was Uraraka concerned about Bakugou? "You're right. You do need to relax," he started. "No one is expecting you to accomplish everything on your own. That's what friends are for!"

"But I do need to do it on my own. U.A. is for the best of the best. If I don't live up to all the expectations, I'll be kicked out, and I can't help my parents.." While Midoriya was about to object, Uraraka continued. "Anyway, that's not really what I'm worried about. I feel like school is going okay. Just.."

Midoriya saw the way her cheeks brightened. "Just..?" he encouraged.

"I LIKE BAKUGOU!" she exploded.

Both sat in a stunned silence. Midoriya seriously hadn't expected this, and he was surprised, to say the least.

"I'm not trying to sound rude. I'm just curious. Wouldn't you have hated him after the fight at the Sports Festival? I mean.. he really didn't treat you nicely."

Uraraka didn't look like she had taken offense, which eased Midoriya's stress. Mainly, she looked embarrassed. Her cheeks were as red as a fire engine, and she was nervously playing with her hair. The way girls did when they felt particularly shy.

"That might be true, but that was only because his desire to win and earn first place was so strong. He lashes out quite often, but I feel like there might be a softer side to him."

Inwardly, Midoriya disagreed. Kacchan had never been nice when they grew up together. But on the other hand, he hadn't been particularly rude to Kirishima. Maybe Bakugou finally opened his eyes to see how much his friend cared about him. If Midoriya didn't know any better, he would've thought they had a thing for each other.

But then there was Uraraka. Midoriya didn't have any doubts that she could get through to Kacchan, but Bakugou's pride formed a heavy barricade around himself. Uraraka would have to make twice the effort that Kirishima did.

"Well? What are you gonna do about it?" Midoriya asked, flashing her a smile. He wanted her to know that she had 100% of his support. Despite that.. it felt wrong. Kacchan was, quite literally, a ticking time bomb. Kirishima's quirk gave him the advantage of not getting hurt, but Ochako's didn't. Not that she wasn't strong, but because Bakugou's quirk was extremely dangerous. Honestly, now that Midoriya thought about it, there was no way that anyone's quirks would be as compatible as Bakugou's and Kirishima's.

"That's the problem. I'm not very sure. I could tell him, but he can act a little harsh," Uraraka murmured.

'Little is a definite understatement,' Midoriya thought.

"But if he weren't to take it in a bad way, things might be okay," Uraraka finished.

"Yeah. I see where you're coming from." Midoriya paused. "Hey, was this what you were talking about with Iida yesterday? When Todoro- Shouto and I were headed to the vending machines, you two were talking." He still was trying to get used to calling Todoroki 'Shouto'. After he had told Todoroki to call him by his first name, Todoroki gave the same request to Midoriya.

Uraraka's lips tweaked into a sneaky grin. She looked just like the Cheshire cat. "Oh. That." She chuckled. "It's funny you mention that, because I was just about to bring it up. Deku, I don't think I'm the only one that likes someone."

"What? What in the world makes you think that!?" Midoriya squeaked, his face instantly turning red like a rising thermometer. Was he really that obvious? It was like he was transparent; Uraraka could see right through his head.

Uraraka laughed. "For beginners, it's the fact you didn't deny it. And because of how red your face is."

'Dang it!'

"There's also the way you look at Todoroki. I honestly wouldn't think you'd like someone like him, but I also think you'd click together so well."

"Who told you I liked T-Todo- Shouto?"

"You're calling him by his first name. You get all blushy around him. Come on, Deku, I'm not blind!" She giggled softly.

"But what if he figures it out? Won't he hate me or something?" Shouto wasn't stupid. If Uraraka could tell that Midoriya had a thing for Todoroki, then Todoroki probably knew that too.

"No. He's attractive. He's most likely used to so many people liking him."

Midoriya choked out a forced laugh. He didn't just like Todoroki. He loved him. He still hadn't stopped thinking about him, and his stupid smile, and his stupid eyes. Todoroki wasn't stupid, but Midoriya's brain was for letting its guard down.

"Are you still hung up on All Might and your mom? You've been unresponsive again," Uraraka said out of the blue. She was changing the subject.

"Not so much. It's mostly just the fact that I fantasize to replace my lack of romantics in my life. Not too much of a big deal," he mumbled sarcastically. "Promise not to tell Shouto?"

"As long as you promise not to tell Bakugou," Uraraka calmly answered.

"I won't," Midoriya swore.

"Then I promise."

A/N: I swear to god that if I get ONE more comment telling me that they don't like the "straight" ships, I'm blocking them. It's honestly so hypocritical.
I've been thinking that I might be straight lately. Does being straight mean I'm a gross and horrible person? No.
I fully support the LGBT+ community but it's shit like this that hurts me. We are all for equality, right? Not all straight people are bad.
I like straight ships, as well as gay ships. And if you don't like that I do, then quit reading my book. Simple as that. Don't leave any more comments. I'm going to be deleting them if I receive any more.