Chapter 7: I Owe You

"Crystal, wake up! C'mon, wake up!" A voice shouts in my ear, and I grumble around before reaching my hand out and feeling along their face.

They giggle. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for a snooze button." I mumble, and they giggle some more.

I crack an eye open to see Christina on the edge of my bed, my hand currently on her nose. I squeeze it before dropping it on the bed beside me. Wait, how did I get in bed?

"Guess what!" She exclaims excitedly.

I sit up, brushing my hair out of my face. "What?"

"Will asked me out! We're official!" She squeals, and I can't help but hug her. I knew it was going to happen all along. Now, if only Tris and Tobias would get together...

"I'm so happy for you!" I let go of her and smile. Standing up, I pick out some sweat pants and a long sleeved black top. It feels a little cold, so why not be warm and comfortable at the same time?

"It's our day off today and tomorrow! Will and I are going to have some alone time tomorrow," she wiggles her eyebrows at this, causing me to chuckle, "and we wanted to spend today with you guys. We were hoping to go explore The Pit. I heard there's a bunch of awesome stores there. Even a tattoo parlor!"

I yawn and stretch my arms out above my head. "Yeah, that sounds fine. Hey, how did I get here? Last thing I remember is being with Four and Tris."

"Oh, yeah. They brought you in here and Tris helped you to bed. It was very sweet." She says the last part like she's talking to a toddler, and I smack her arm. "Let's go! They're waiting in the dining hall for us!"

We walk out of the room, and start walking down the hallway. Not five minutes later, we're there, and I grab a banana before going to my usual seat. Eric's not there, but Tobias is. I sit down beside him, and jokingly start pulling his plate of cake away from him.

"Hey, hey, hey! You can't take that!" He says, putting his coffee back down on the table and yanking the plate back. He glares at me for a second, before chuckling when he sees the smile on my face. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Well, I have awesome friends, an amazing bro, this wonderful banana, and a day off. What's not to be happy about?" I lean my head against his shoulder before sitting back up and peeling my banana.

He raises an eyebrow, but just goes back to drinking his coffee. Al raises an eyebrow at me, and I playfully kick him under the table, making him chuckle, but, weirdly, he quickly stops and looks down at the table. I frown, wondering what that was about.

"Are you guys ready to be tatted up?" Will asks, and we nod. Tris rolls her eyes at me, and we smile at each other.

"You coming?" I ask Tobias.

"No. I have to work in the control room today." He mutters, and picks up a fork. Taking a bite of the cake, he makes an appreciative sound.

"Let's go!" Christina says, and grabs Will's hand before standing up. I stand up as well, and ruffle Tobias's hair.

He gives me a disgusted look, and I laugh. "You really shouldn't eat cake for breakfast, you know."

"Fuck you." He says through a mouthful of cake, mumbling his words.

I laugh, and then jog to catch up with the others. As I go to round the corner though, I don't see where I'm going and run into something, causing me to lose my balance and fall backwards.

Two hands shoot out and stop me mid air, and pull me back up. Shocked, I look up and see Eric smirking at me.

"My my, what would you do without me?" He asks cheekily.