III

M

M

The next day.

"This one?" Mrs Bianchi pointed to the loaf of bread she had on display and I nodded, giving her a warm smile as I watched her wrap it up for me before bagging it.

"Thank you Mrs Bianchi." I said after handing her the amount I needed to pay, before readjusting the other groceries I had in hand.

"Anytime Mina, come again!" She waved me off, turning to the next customer.

Promising to make a remedy for Melissa's dooming headache, I ventured into the local market place located in the heart of the town.

I recalled our phone call earlier on and I couldn't help but to chuckle at her suffering.

"Mina, I remember so much and so little from last night."  Melissa groaned. I readjusted my phone on the counter as I FaceTimed her, seeing the after effects of her partying too hard in person.

"You had fun, that's all that matters." After leaving Damien at the entrance, I retreated back to find Melissa and the other girls who were, as I guessed, partying the night away.

Fortunately for me, Melissa was not dancing on a table.

She was too far gone for me to tell her where I'd been and so I decided to spare my story for when she could actually count to three.

"Lord." She whispered to herself. "God, it's me again, I will never drink! Help me, rid me of this pain." I had to roll my eyes at her dramatics.

She rolled onto her side, her dark hair covering half of her face before she pushed it away to rub at her eyes. "Mina I was seeing stars like I was a fucking astronaut, never again." She buried her head into her pillow.

"You'll be fine." I laughed. "Nothing a little painkiller won't fix."

"And your special soup please." I heard her say in a muffled voice.

"Yes, and my special soup."

I usually shopped around on the busier days which were mostly Tuesdays and Thursdays but it was Saturday and drawing to late noon. It was quiet around this time, the busy rush at its lowest, which I enjoyed.

Moving to gather a few vegetables at another stand, I picked up the ones I needed for the soup I was going to make for Melissa.

"No discount for me this time Mrs De Luca?" I toothily smiled at the woman behind the food stand, a close friend of Loretta's who often visited from time to time.